Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beat My Traffic Violation

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beat My Traffic Violation

I went to court this morining for a "laying drags" violation. After waiting for about 2 hours I was finally seen. The judge asked my plea. Of course I pleaded not guilty. The officer was then asked to tell his accounts of the my actions. He blatantly lied. He told the judge I ran a red light and then right infront of him started to roll my tires. I told the judge the truth about what happened. The Judge said the truth was somewhere in the middle of our two stories. He asked about my previous record I told him I hadn't had a ticket since 98. The judge asked me what type of car I had I said camaro, He said z28, I said yes, He had a huge smile on his face and dismissed the ticket. He told me to keep it between the lines next time. I guess he was a Bowtie man. I was so happy everone else in the courtroom was losing there cases.
Moral: I fought the law...... and I won.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 01-07-2004, 10:18 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats its good when the law works for you
Old 01-07-2004, 10:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Good deal, I always postpone any ticket thaqt I get that I am going to contest alot of the times the cop didn't make good notes about the circumstances and have holes in their accounts.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:28 AM
12 Second Club

You can't get any tickets Ken, you don't drive your car enough!
Old 01-07-2004, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice work, nice. Always plead not guilty, half the time the copper won't even show up in court and the ticket will be tossed.

Congrats.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Way to go! I've always said that if you've got time FIGHT IT, it's worth it
Old 01-07-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

i didnt go to court for a ticket but i got off relatively easy August 7th 2002, i was on my way back from my girlfriends university in Indianapolis, and in ohio through Columbus i was stuck doing 45 behind 3 trucks inthe left lane, switched to the right lane, just to be behind more trucks, i took a glance at the wide open shoulder and saw day light, i was ina 95 mustang gt covertible with all sorts of bolt ons including long tubes and straight pipes...i got up to about 107 on the clear shoulder, in a work zone that had the speed limit marked down from 65 to 55. i see a spec under the over pass ahed of me, so i hit the brakes and dropped behind the trucks again...an ohio state trooper proceeds to pull me over...and when he got to the window he was laughing..."damn trucks huh?" and i smiled and looked down and said "yeah i guess so" and he asked me the normal question..."do you know how fast you were going" and i answered "well it depends on if you got me when i was almost passed the trucks or when i braked to get behind them" and he asked me again, so how fast were you going "i hit 107 but took it way down to get back behind the trucks cause i saw you" he asked me what i was thinking and i said, "my girlfriends a bitch, im 10 hours from home, i have a meeting at work tonight and i just want to get home so i can take a coworker out after the meeting" he said he couldn't let me go but wrote a ticket for 87 in a 55 and he didn't write it down as wreckless, told me i was lucky he was ina g ood mood today. so thinking id be outta the red, i found out how much it would cost anyways, without it being wreckless it was still over 500 bucks and i got 2 pts. on my record. needless to say it could have been a lot worse, but hell who would have figured a mustang could get up to 107?!?!? suffice tos ay, fastest ive gone since then is 72 mph lol.
sorry that was long, just remember fellas, a clear shoulder only means theres probably a state cop on it within a few miles lol
Travis
Old 01-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Launching!

dude congrats on beating the ticket. the same thing happened to me in Dec i got a ticket for reckless driving for spinning tires but i won and the cop got chewed out by the judge because in Va its an improper driving not a reckless driving and the judge said the only thing he thought i could be guilty of was noise pollution
Old 01-07-2004, 01:17 PM
11 Second Club

sweet!
Old 01-07-2004, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ss rally red
Good deal, I always postpone any ticket thaqt I get that I am going to contest alot of the times the cop didn't make good notes about the circumstances and have holes in their accounts.
That's the game

Originally Posted by 98Z-6Speed
Nice work, nice. Always plead not guilty, half the time the copper won't even show up in court and the ticket will be tossed.
True, if everyone pleaded not guilty to all traffic violations, the system will fail.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

RamNgo, I just got a reckless in a parking lot for spinning the tires, in the rain nonetheless, I have court on the 21st, I'm deffinately hoping mine will get dropped down also.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

congrats
Old 01-07-2004, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by z289899
RamNgo, I just got a reckless in a parking lot for spinning the tires, in the rain nonetheless, I have court on the 21st, I'm deffinately hoping mine will get dropped down also.
Check the statute, in most states the laws are defined for public use roads only. If you were in a parking lot privately owned by a Company the law does not apply to the situation and you are NOT GUILTY!
Old 01-07-2004, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats man...got my court date 2/11

Wes
Old 01-07-2004, 04:21 PM
12 Second Club

Congrats. Hopefully Im never in the same situation.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

man I wish I was as lucky as you guys! I havent had a ticket in about 5 years then I got 2 in a week, both for only 7 over, (cops are dicks!) anyways, to keep the points off my license so my ins. didnt go up, I went to court, when the judge asked what kinda car I had (like he didnt know already) I told him. He then asked how much hp it had, what was the top speed, 0-60, 1/4mi. time, and other stuff like that, then he said "Sounds like a powerful machine!", so I said yes sir. He then proceeded to tell me next time I wanted to drive it like a race car to take it to the track, and tripled my ticket!! I was like WTF?? it was 7 over! on the highway no less!!!

Moral here, I fought the law.....and got bent over!! no kiss or nothin'
Old 01-07-2004, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've got my court date for "Excessive Speed for Conditions" and "Racing in the Street" coming up on the 21st. I got the ticket back in August and I'm hiring a lawyer... hopefully the GHP officer wont' remember anything about it and the lawyer can do his dirty work. If you're religious... pray for me!
Old 01-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Launching!

same here... got a reckless & a following too close and my court date is Jan. 26. Im gonna go not guilty and get a lawyer cause there's no way in hell i can afford insurance if that goes on. I was just driving fast and switched multiple lanes. How many people have gotten lucky with getting out of reckless tickets??
Old 01-07-2004, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

I had my repair ticket(from da shop!) up to state there was an issue with the car (faulty clutch, replaced, bad TPS), diagnosis: harsh clutch engagement.

got my wreckless (laying drag twice), no insurance (had progressive fax insurance coverage), and no tag reduced to no-lo laying drag (whatever that does for me) but rather than paying $2000 in fines (which i had ready), and probation. I ended up paying: $80 tow fee impound, $12 cab ride, $450 laywer, $281 fines. Part of the $281 was a old ticket from 97, AFTER I got my license re-instated. The DA said yes, you must have paid the ticket, to get your license back or the DPMV would not have re-instated it.. I'm really sorry but without proof of payment (HINT KEEP TICKET RECEIPTS FOR EVER), you will have to pay again. The charge was driving without a tag (which i FTA'd and suspended my license..) The charge was dismissed but the court took the money for the ticket AGAIN. Lawyer said tuff shiz, the courts are very disorganized and NO PROOF OF PAYMENT is burden on YOU , not the court.

So i paid the ticket with mastercard and keeping the records with my 5 year tax records. lesson learned to the tune of $100 (late fees/etc on a $35 ticket).

1. Good lawyers rock, even for speeding tickets. $150 lawyer fee for a lawyer to represent you on a mild ticket say 68 in 35 IS WORTH IT. YOU WILL GET POINTS knocked off. Everyone in the courtroom without a lawyer was kicked out. Lawyer talked to the DA and arranged a deal.

It was very weird. The DA held my case till the end, cause they didnt want the others to see what i was given as a deal, then discreetly took me out of the room to explain the fines and such away from the rest of the group (normally its done in batch).

FIND A TRAFFIC lawyer, is my best advice.

Also, don't expect a traffic lawyer to get you shiz after you get a big whammy deal for a while. I got a 68 in 35 1 month later from the wreckless/noins/notag and it was the same cop. As i saw him, i called my fiance to arrange bail money (i was doing over 68 for sure), cop was like I REMEMBER YOU. I was waiting for the 2nd car to arrive (meaning jail buddy!), but miraculously it went well for me. just paid the fine. 3pt $305 for 68 in 35, sux, my insurance may hate me now.

The courts were so screwed up. When i went to pay the $305 ticket, they said YOU HAVE AN OUTSTANDING TICKET FROM 97 (EXPIRED TAG). I was about to jump at the clerk, needless to say after about 30 minutes of looking around, the ticket mysteriously was DISMISSED.

You are not allowed here to pay one ticket without paying all others.

Moral of the story: GET A LAWYER, KEEP RECORDS, and the records the city's have are FUD.

--- btw i went to lookup my license on the atlanta traffic courts and here's what it says as of today, proof of stupid records of the court--

This was the charges the lawyer took care of 40-6-390 is wreckless i believe... but note the court records are showing me AS FTA, when in fact they are not (2 hours on the phone to verify how FUD their computer records are..)

2542310 40-6-390 Unknown 06/13/2003 Court Appearance $100.00 (FTA *) Court Appearance

2542311 40-2-8 OPERATING VEHICLE WITHOUT VALID TAG 06/25/2003 Court Appearance $100.00 (FTA *) Court Appearance

2532469 40-6-10 NO PROOF OF INSURANCE, NO INSURANCE, FALSE INSURANCE, ALLOWING ANOTHER TO DRIVE WITHOUT 06/13/2003 Court Appearance $100.00 (FTA *) Court Appearance

Quick Reply: Beat My Traffic Violation