New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ws6 questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a few questions, one I just replaced my stock air llid with slp one and it doesn't quite fit on the air filter part bout a millimeter all the way around and it doesn't slide into place like the stock one did is that a problem? While installing the new lid I found a disconnected vaccume hose right under the throttle body on the right side it had to be conected at some point cause it has a clamp near the end of it but I can seem to see whre it went, and my car ticks kinda while idle and seems to get faster when I rev it but its not like a loud tick. Just an annoying tick tick tick while sitting there running is that normal for ls engines?

Ijust bought a slp air box cover and its the right year and everything but it doesn't quite fir on the air filter lower part I've tried a few things but it still doesn't sit right. Any suggestions? Any one else have this problem?
Old 05-05-2011, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

I think the SLP just doesn't fit al that great. Eventually I was able to have mine sealed off well, but the rear of the lid left a gap in the back. While it was still sealed with the weatherstripping and looks fine, the rear of it never fit that great.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:27 AM

I had the same problem, as the two front clips kept popping up. Try fitting the lid and then attaching the throttle body intake. This worked for me. Hope this helps!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Launching!

My slp lid sit on my airbox the same way it doesnt look like it seals 100% but the rubber surrounding on the air filter seals it up pretty good so even though it doesn sit perfectly on your airbox it shouldnt be a problem, and my 02 ws6 does the exact same ticking sound but it goes away once the engine warms up, it might be a common feature on the ls1 but not too sure!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chandler Man
I've got a few questions, one I just replaced my stock air llid with slp one and it doesn't quite fit on the air filter part bout a millimeter all the way around and it doesn't slide into place like the stock one did is that a problem? While installing the new lid I found a disconnected vaccume hose right under the throttle body on the right side it had to be conected at some point cause it has a clamp near the end of it but I can seem to see whre it went, and my car ticks kinda while idle and seems to get faster when I rev it but its not like a loud tick. Just an annoying tick tick tick while sitting there running is that normal for ls engines?
Can you take a pic of the disconnected hose? There is a few things that attach to/around the TB so its hard to say what it is.

Sad to say, but the ticking is normal. Every ls1 I have listened to has ticked, as have both of the ones I've owned.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Regular

Slp lids don't sit flush, they all are like that. As far as the hose, what year is the car?
Does it have any suction/vacuum?
Old 05-05-2011, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Its a 2002 and the box clips pop off on mine and stuff idk its just annoying lol and the hose does have vaccume but no check engine lights come on, its on the right of the tb if your facing it and its pointed towards the left of the car or facing right if your looking toward the engine