New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

such thing as too much induction (not talking turbo)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default such thing as too much induction (not talking turbo)

so i just came home from deployment a few days ago and i bought everything in my sig below, not all installed yet. my question is this i already have an slp lid with k/n filter and i will be uprgrading to a 85mm throttle body with an bbk ss 85 mm intake manifold and i want to do the ls1 free ram air mod as well. i will be installing headers soon but with a heavy lean right now towards induction am i going to have troubles with idle or a big difference in mpg as i do not plan on getting it tuned for quite some time after the install untill i am done modding at the end of this year most likely. i do plan on getting the sts rear mount turbo in the future as well.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

still waiting on some input....
Old 06-06-2011, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont really know what your question is. If your asking if you will need a tune after the intake, TB, and headers then Im going to say probably. I recently put a p/p TB, volant CAI, Kooks LTs, Kooks 3in duals on my 98 TA and it needs a tune bad. So bad I cant drive it
Old 06-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, thank you for your service.

Next, let's try to find the questions in that paragragh (question marks and punctuation in general help).

You would benifit from a tune. It should still be quite drivable, but your mileage will suffer. I am currently running LT's, LS6 intake, ported TB, and a few other things and I'm untuned. Your car should "learn" after driving for a while. A tune will help the mileage as well as pick up some power you will be leaving on the table.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

pretty much what i was thinking just was looking to confirm it. thanks