New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

16 year old + LS1 = ????

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my Formula when I was 18. It got away from me once, luckily it wasn't serious. That was my first wake up call. About a year later I'm in my cammed '01 SS and that car got away from me really bad at about 70mph because of me being stupid. I was just barely able to keep it out of the wall. Super close call. And after that I never needed to be taught a lesson again. It ultimately depends on the individual. I'm a pretty safe and responsible driver, I just got a little to heavy on the car at the wrong times. Can't really say accurately if me having one at 16 would have turned out badly or not.

One of my girlfriends younger high school aged co-workers just recently GIVEN a brand new 2015 C7 by her dad... **** like that infuriates me beyond all hell because I know this chick might kill herself because she has no business driving a car like that. And also the fact that it was given to her. It's like kids don't have to work for anything nowadays, and the fact that they didn't work for it adds incentive for them to be much less careless with it and that applies to any car, expensive or not. Meanwhile I had to work my *** off to buy a $40k car at the age of 21, we have other parents handing out $60k+ Corvettes and other high end cars like candy to high school and college kids. It's just nuts. I'm thankful that my parents were never like that.

That accident looked nasty, I'm glad you came out of it ok.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:39 AM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Got my first fourth gen, a lightly modded 94 Z, when I was 19. Up until that point all I had ever driven was RWD V8 powered with laughable traction control. No accidents and a couple of speeding tickets later I graduated to my 2001 Z at 21 now 22. I guess it's all how you are brought up. Going straight from learning on a family sedan to a muscle car and you'll probably end up wrecking the thing. Fortunately my family loves power so I learned to respect what happens in all conditions when you press the gas in something with more than 200 hp.

Quick Reply: 16 year old + LS1 = ????