Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust whine

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 10:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust whine

I got my exhaust done a few months ago... LT headers high flow cats and slp lm2 bullets true duels each side run straight back from headers no x pipe... Number one should I get an x pipe? And two it had alot of popping at high rpm so I unbolted it so it is now dumped before axle... When I step on it a bit I can hear a whine... Is this normal or can someone explain this to me? Thanks!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The whine you are hearing is probably the velocity of the exhaust dumping, I am assuming it is right about behind your rear end.. Personally I would get an X or h pipe on that setup it will help balance out the system and scavenge the exhaust, while improving the sound. As far as the popping, thats one of the side effects from running with no cats. Still alof of raw fuel in the exhaust Re-igniting with the heat.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:24 PM
TECH Regular

Right before the rear end... And I am running the Magnaflow highflow spuncats... Thanks though!
Old 08-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Launching!

Bone's i also have some popping as the rpms come down due to what raron said.

As far as the "whine" sound you have, I have that as well, if i rev it as the rpms come down you can hear a whine. Safe to say it must be the velocity of the air causing this. I have long tubes, ORY, and loudmouth2
Old 08-17-2011, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

X or H will help alot in emptying air which means more HP. they sound different so search which one suits you better, generally speaking X pipe has more exotic nascar sound to it. while H pipe is closer to an old school rumble. some say X pipe get more hps but by 1 or 2 so it wont really matter. poping sound is due to maxed out air fuel ratio. a tune will solve that. but dont worry its normal to get that after long tubes and bullets.

Quick Reply: Exhaust whine