Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newb header/Ypipe questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb header/Ypipe questions

So after awhile of searching I am having trouble finding an answer to this question. I will be doing my first ever header install on my 02 T/A in spring and need to know if I have to get a tune. Pacesetter LT with TSP ORY. No worries about inspections just have heard that a tune isn't needed if you don't mind staring at the SES light.Trying to tell myself that I can get new rotors and pads instead of a tune right away. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

you're fine with out a tune, but obviously you will be leaving a little power on the table. Just get the rotors and pads from Brakemotive on here. I got slotted and drilled rotors with pads all around for 160 shipped and love them.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Launching!

Obviously it won't be running tip top, but I am hoping to hold out on getting a tune till after the stall I am hoping on getting some time soon. Thanks, I am just a little hesitant on this, thinking it might mess with how it runs.

And 160 for pads and rotors? That's a great deal! The cheapest I had found was for around 260 lol.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:25 AM
Staging Lane

I'm curious as to how much you will gain from that setup before and after a tune.. I'm going that same route.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im not sure on numbers but by the seat of my pants dyno it felt a lot different. I ran around for about 2 weeks after my headers before a tune and my car felt bogged down. after the tune, my car woke up significantly and i could feel the difference a lot. but if you are getting a stall soon, i would just wait for that...you wont hurt anything.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:41 AM
Launching!

I'm hoping sooner than later, but how my luck is it will more than likely be later... when you say bogged down, as in it wasn't running right...? Say the stall doesn't happen for 6 months (if it has been that long a tune will probly happen lol) running headers without a tune won't hurt anything then?
Old 01-06-2012, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No I've been doing it for a couple weeks. Some people go a year without a tune. If you have other mods planned that need a tune just wait. If you have emissions soon get the tune because it will delete the codes for good otherwise tune can wait