Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Y/X pipe help

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Y/X pipe help

I need an off road pipe to connect my pacesetter long tubes to my exhaust(Borla xr-1 muffler, dmh electric cut out, slp quad tips) what do you recommend? Used or refurbished is fine, just something as inexpensive as possible( all other parts are draining my wallet. Lol) thanks for the help
Old 01-21-2012, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And where can I get a custom y pipe?
Old 01-21-2012, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

custom y would come from any exhaust shop that has a pipes and bending machines such as mandrel. you may wanna invest in some bump hangers from thunder racing. the y pipe that is under it now has a flat spot up under the drivers side. you can either bend the floor pan or bang the pipe flat in that area or secure it somehow. this can sometimes cause noise or vibration under the car. for a while i just tucked a piece of torch guard material under it to keep it stable and from moving. take a crowbar and pry it down and stuff it under there. then later on when i got bored i went out there and added a bump hanger and bent the top of it down, but be careful. its aluminum. pretty much all the y pipes are shitty from what I hear. Im sure the Kooks isnt but im sure you will pay for it too.