New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my 02 camaro wont idle right need help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 02 camaro wont idle right need help!

I just purchased my 02 camaro z28 m6 and all off a sudden it wont idle for anything either it will run at 1500 rpm or it wont stay above 500 rpm, the car has a cam motion 224/232 with a 114lsa. The car will idle great after you play with the throttle for a few minutes, so i tryed cleaning the throttle body and the maf but it didnt do any good still does the same thing. Also my car keeps throwing the p1133 and 1153 code so my question is could it be the 02 sensors causeing my car to do this or do i need to be looking for something else before i start replacing everyything?
Old 06-11-2012, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

my ss back in the day had an idle issue and bad misfires. ended up being the o2 sensors. is the car tuned? cam like that will need a tune for sure.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Teching In

The car was tuned by Spartan performance as far as i know and im thinking thats what i might be but just trying to see if if there could be something else before I buy o2 sensors!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 02camarom6
The car was tuned by Spartan performance as far as i know and im thinking thats what i might be but just trying to see if if there could be something else before I buy o2 sensors!
could be a number of things honestly. one thing ive found with the idle on the ls1 is there are so many things that can cause it to screw up from the coolant temperature sensor failing to even a motor mount that is cracked or someone proting your TB but making the idle air hole too large, or could even be the much more obvious vacuum leak. your problem sounds more based on o2 or tune being the problem IMO. now if you do decide to go o2 sensor heres the impending arguement about to break out, bosch or ac delco. lot of mixed feelings on which one to go with but heres the deal, no matter what anybody says some cars for some reason or another will run like **** on bosch and not ac delco, and vice versa.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by usnfenix
could be a number of things honestly. one thing ive found with the idle on the ls1 is there are so many things that can cause it to screw up from the coolant temperature sensor failing to even a motor mount that is cracked or someone proting your TB but making the idle air hole too large, or could even be the much more obvious vacuum leak. your problem sounds more based on o2 or tune being the problem IMO. now if you do decide to go o2 sensor heres the impending arguement about to break out, bosch or ac delco. lot of mixed feelings on which one to go with but heres the deal, no matter what anybody says some cars for some reason or another will run like **** on bosch and not ac delco, and vice versa.
Now that you mention it the TB idle air hole did look to be ported, but if it comes down to it and it is the throttle body im just going to drive it like it is because at the end of the summer i hope to have a fast lsxr 102 setup on it and get rid of the ls6 intake and stock throttle body! But im going to keep looking and hoping I can find what my problem is!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Quote:

Now that you mention it the TB idle air hole did look to be ported, but if it comes down to it and it is the throttle body im just going to drive it like it is because at the end of the summer i hope to have a fast lsxr 102 setup on it and get rid of the ls6 intake and stock throttle body! But im going to keep looking and hoping I can find what my problem is!

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android

Originally Posted by mojo827
Quote:

Quote:

i just had the same prob. you could check iac valve. o2 problem i was having got some new ac delco and car started to run like crap. switching back to the bosch.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

check and clean the IAC and consider the TPS.

Quick Reply: my 02 camaro wont idle right need help!