Sponsored by:

First major tuneup on my 98 Ws6

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baalic
US operations

Established in 1966 - NGK Spark Plugs (USA), Inc. was founded as a subsidiary of NGK Spark Plug Co, Ltd., of Japan.

NGK Spark Plugs (U.S.A), Inc. corporate headquarters was first located in California and then moved to its current location in Wixom, Michigan. NGK Spark Plugs (U.S.A), Inc. produces products from two manufacturing locations: one location in Irvine California, which produces spark plugs; and another location In Sissonville, WV which produces both spark plugs and oxygen sensors.

In early October 2008 NGK launched the Art of Fast project.
This is very interesting. The AC plugs the manual for my boat (2005 Mercuruiser 350) calls for are made in Japan.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01 CamaroSS SLP
If it hasn't been done yet look into changing out your rear end oil ( very easy )
You can also change out your Transmission fluid as well. My GM service brochure says it never has to be change but i would change it. My car is a 01 it could have 12 years+ old fluid in there.

RPM what do you think about changing the transmission fluid?
Good call, I didn't even think about that. And about the trans fluid, how many miles are on the car? I've heard that if it's over 100,000 miles you should definitely avoid changing it. I would look at the condition of the fluid. If it's not too dark or black, then go ahead and change it, but if it is really dirty/black you should leave it in- changing it could ruin the trans. Automatic trans's are really touchy
Old 01-08-2013, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have changed the fluid when I first bought my car, (automatic), with 110k miles.
My fluid was still a good color and looked clean, its at 123k miles now with no problem with shifting or anything
Old 01-08-2013, 03:30 PM
TECH Regular

My car is a T-56. It has under 30,000 miles but I'm changing it anyways even though I don't have too.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01 CamaroSS SLP
My car is a T-56. It has under 30,000 miles but I'm changing it anyways even though I don't have too.
Never hurts to change the fluid in your T56. I'm doing that as well. I went to drain my rear diff today but it has no drain plug on it so i'm either going to crack the cover open, or just leave it. I'll probably end up cracking the cover open, draining it, and opening it up just to check the condition of everything and then re seal it and refill it. I haven't seen what's in there and supposedly the rear end was rebuilt so hopefully I won't be disappointed. It has a AAM diff cover
Old 01-09-2013, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah its good to change that rear end fluid, I would highly recommend getting a cover that has a drain/fill plug. It would make things very convenient
(I was going to order one off of WS6store).

I think I need new Wires, the RPM Speed Wires I got don't feel snug or secure... And I feel like my car is a little off after firing, which wires were you using SteveWs6?
Old 01-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 777Shock777
Yeah its good to change that rear end fluid, I would highly recommend getting a cover that has a drain/fill plug. It would make things very convenient
(I was going to order one off of WS6store).

I think I need new Wires, the RPM Speed Wires I got don't feel snug or secure... And I feel like my car is a little off after firing, which wires were you using SteveWs6?
I'm probably going to stick with my cover for now, it's a decent cover and I won't mind cracking it open every few years or so to drain the fluid. I would like a T/A cover with the girdle, but I actually just spent 250 dollars on new struts/shocks last night. I found that my rear end is in pretty good shape.

I am using MSD wires. I got them off Nasty Performance- cheapest price I found.
http://www.nastyperformance.com/shop...plug-wire-set/
The only downside though is that I still haven't received them yet and ordered them 12/28. Hopefully i'll see them soon though.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SteveWs6
I'm probably going to stick with my cover for now, it's a decent cover and I won't mind cracking it open every few years or so to drain the fluid. I would like a T/A cover with the girdle, but I actually just spent 250 dollars on new struts/shocks last night. I found that my rear end is in pretty good shape.

I am using MSD wires. I got them off Nasty Performance- cheapest price I found.

The only downside though is that I still haven't received them yet and ordered them 12/28. Hopefully i'll see them soon though.
Thanks for the reply SteveWs6!
Yeah, I just bought some cheap one off RockAuto cuz mine had actually been cracked :o

And awesome, those look pretty good, I might have to place an order for them I saw others recommending that exact site.

Quick Reply: First major tuneup on my 98 Ws6