Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need HELP! asap roller rocker tightening minnesota

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need HELP! asap roller rocker tightening minnesota

I have an Ls1, I need help tightening my after market comp cam roller rockers, I bought the vehicle with them but a few days ago I bent 2 pushrods inn cylinder7 then found out the others were waring also. So I replaced all with hardened comp cam pushrods. I read the methodon how to tighten these rocker arms according to comp cams, then threw everything back together and could hear they were chattering/loose.so again I tried one more time and sounded better but stilla lil loose. Isthere anyone In Minnesota that has done these rocker arms before, that can give me there advice or that can come help me do it? The car is in bloomington if you could come help me I can compensate you for your time if it works. Please and thank you need this resolvedasapits my daily driver. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2013, 06:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you measure pushrod length and order the correct ones?
Old 08-10-2013, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

tighten the rocker arms when the lifter is on the base circle of the cam .when the push rods are at their lowest for any given cylinder is when you torque them to 22 ft/lb.what length push rods did you get ?
Old 08-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes they are the exact same size of the old ones. Are you sure I torque them to that? Supposedly theres no torque spec for these it says. There not factory

Quick Reply: Need HELP! asap roller rocker tightening minnesota