Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finding an already built LS motor

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 11:24 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Finding an already built LS motor

I live down in the Houston, TX region. I am about to embark on my first Ls swap which will go into my 65 Chevelle. So now I am looking for LS motors, and also looking into engine builders. There are quite a few solid builders down here in this area, but I also realized recently while going through some of the classifieds on this website there are times that a fully built LS motor will pop up.

What I am wondering is how would one generally identify a good built LS motor? What are the keys other than price that I should be looking for if I were in the market for a complete LS? How do I determine, reasonably of course the motor has not been too abused? The other alternative is to just get a built motor from on of the builders down here.

I am not looking for anything exotic in regards to power numbers. I am thinking I would like someting in the range of 500 rwHP, and something that would have an upgraded bottom end to handle FI if I wanted that some day. Thanks guys for your help.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hope you find a build that never got installed, theres one here in baton rouge found it on face book, was interested in it but don't really need it, lq4 bored and stroke to 406, 317 heads, with a built 4l80, diamond pistons, inter cooler, turbo manifolds, and some other stuff, from the ad I think he selling everything except the turbo, was asking $7000, its on face book search lsx monster, its a group and some good stuff will sometimes pop up for sale
Old 08-14-2014, 10:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Have you checked out Thompson Motorsports and Texas Speed? They're both in Texas

Quick Reply: Finding an already built LS motor