Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 5.3 stock retune

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 5.3 stock retune

I just picked up a 05 Avalanche with 127k. I don't plan on doing any major mods on it, but I'm wondering if there is any advantage to having the ECU reflashed. I'm in Idaho so emission laws are non existent. I wouldn't mind picking up a little power and a few miles per gallon.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You could probably pick up a handful of horsepower and a little speed via modified shift points. The truck should be more fun to drive but I wouldn't expect significantly better MPG with no other mods. I don't think you will be disappointed as long as you have realistic expectations.

Good luck.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i suggest it, espicially if u have ANYTHING done to it 1. you will love the transmission being re-tuned, makes a whole new truck imo (my 2000 1500 i had retuned and it was alot meaner downshift). 2. even if u have basic mods its still worth it, i have an 03 2500 with the 6.0, only thing done to it is cold air intake and flowmaster cat back, rest is stock, i ran a scan on it with my hptuners just for fun and i was quiet surprised to see it knocked 2-4 points at high rpm and the VE table (fueling) was 20-25 points lean at the worst, 10 points being the lowest, so just a flowmaster cat back and cold air intake made the truck breath enough to have a retune needing done on it, only reason i haven't is i plan on doing heads,cam and headers in the near future atm

so my opinion is do any basic things u want to do (cold air intake or exhaust) and then go get it tuned.

Quick Reply: 2005 5.3 stock retune