Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z28 2002 won't start . HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Z28 2002 won't start . HELP

Well new here looking for some HELP.

Short story car was running normal . Try to start the car and was a grinding so i ck the starter well broke the base at the short bolt . Got a new starter with the two long bolts , put it on and try to start the car . Well crank over happy happy but won't start sad , super sad , mad . I did something wrong or just the car is going to take my savings out. Is turning over so i think did it ok. Any Ideas why is not starting.

Up date :
Fuel OK (pump is working)
Fuse and relay ok
Power to the coils is ok, But not from the coils to the plugs .

now what ?

Last edited by Fonsi; 10-13-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What do you mean not from coils to plugs? Proper way to test is to take a plug wire off, put a plug in it, ground plug to motor(something metal), and see if you get spark. Keep in mind you only get a spark at each plug once for every complete engine revolution so it wont be like Christmas in there.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:44 AM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Mercier
What do you mean not from coils to plugs? Proper way to test is to take a plug wire off, put a plug in it, ground plug to motor(something metal), and see if you get spark. Keep in mind you only get a spark at each plug once for every complete engine revolution so it wont be like Christmas in there.
I did is getting 12v to the coils but for some reason they are not sparking , so i change the cranksensor and the same crank but not spark , I am using a plug tester . I ck all 8 plugs and all the same ,gets power to the coil pink color cable but not to the plugs . i guess a sensor or something is bad that is not sending the information to the coils to spark . now what can be ? i don't have any codes and the car has no mod.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:12 AM

Mercier: I think that Speedychevy and Me have the same problem starter change and not starting ? ? ? ? ? OMG is a infestation .
Old 10-14-2014, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Take a look in the other thread. He had a CPS wire falling out. Could be same thing. Pretty cheap fix.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:22 PM

yep , was the crank sensor plug the green cable broke inside the plug; hard to find but thanks to you and speddy i got my car running .
Old 10-14-2014, 07:29 PM

was the cranksensor plug broken cable inside . Thanks Mercier and speedychevy.

Quick Reply: Z28 2002 won't start . HELP