Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake ports / vacuum locations

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 08:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Intake ports / vacuum locations

Anyone have pics on the LQ4 intake that could show me the correct locations and where these ports feed to? I have the 02 LQ4 that I am putting into an S10 and one of the holes in the intake has tape over it, so I do not know what it goes to or serves. Its the one on the passenger side of the intake right behind the TB. Pretty big hole, just not sure what it hooks up to.

I might buy a Chilton book to help with these type of items that I just don't know about yet.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2014, 09:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That one is likely your EGR. Was removed entirely from later intakes/vehicles AFAIK.

See this link for verification and even the upgrade part for your tape.

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/e...gine_parts.htm

All the way in the back of the intake on driver's side is power brakes(large), top middle is PCV(large), and fuel pressure regulator will be a small port around there somewhere.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:47 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks. I bought books yesterday for both trucks so I can see the wiring. And I found that it was the EVAP. I guess that's the same as the EGR port. I was going to try and make a simple block off plate, but I think I will buy the part to block it off. I do have one port that I haven't looked up yet on the top of the intake at the back of it. I am assuming this is for the brake booster since the PCV is still hooked up to the other port. Which is top near the front. And I think the fuel pressure regulator is also hooked up still.

There is another vacuum line coming off the front that has a plastic tube that heads to the rear of the engine. The guy cut the tube at the back of the engine so I don't know where it goes yet. I'll have to look again to see if its off the TB or intake. I cant remember right now.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Look back at this link under the brake booster fitting. That's what yours will look like but black plastic. Also if the motor came from a vehicle with hydroboost, it may just have a plug there.

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/e...gine_parts.htm

You can get the plastic one from GM cheap or the metal one from Novak which is nicer looking but not all that visible really.

Evap is right behind EGR on the older intake I have I believe but in the same area.

If you have another hole in the top/rear of the intake, that is likely where the MAP sensor goes unless that is already installed. I had to cut my harness open and pull a little extra wire length out as this was moved closer to the front on the ~2008-ish intake I swapped to.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:02 PM
TECH Resident

Found that brake booster fitting today at a dealer. And yes, the other port on the top in the rear is the MAP sensor. Looks like I will be buying that this week too.

Headed to your link to get my block off plates. Need the EGR plate. Can I block the EVAP as well that's on top of the intake or back of TB? I wont have a canister any more.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

When I got my 5.3, the evap was just unplugged(wires) and did not have any hose connected to it. Apparently it stays closed with no electrical to it. Otherwise, they sell vacuum caps at any parts store for a few bucks.

Quick Reply: Intake ports / vacuum locations