Sponsored by:

unfortunate question from newbie ls1 owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 05:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default unfortunate question from newbie ls1 owner

first off, hello everybody.

i just got a white 98 trans am with a six speed and only 29k miles. been saving here and there for a couple years, totally stoked about it, put 500 miles on it the day after i bought it.

my fun was stopped on the fourth day when some jerk decided to bust out my passenger window. if thats not bad enough, the broken window really scratched the interior. if you guys can make out the icky quality of my pics could you tell me what color interior i have? i see alot of different descriptions for colors and i want to get it right if i order online. i know i can handle the door panel, headrest, and glass, but how hard and time consuming is it to swap a dash out? i dont want to pop an airbag or break something because i needed some special tool. also, did trans ams come with factory tint?

i havent really started to search stuff so if theres a way to determine color by vin numbers or something thats posted in the f.a.q. i apologize. i promise not to be a newbie for long. any places online you guys would recommend for buying f-body interior parts? best one i've found so-far is newgmparts.com.

thanks in advance.

and hey, does the scratch in my headrest look like a screaming chicken to anybody else but me?

Last edited by badhoopty; 05-31-2004 at 05:46 PM. Reason: missed pic
Old 05-31-2004, 06:16 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn dude that sucks, i ****** hate punk bitches who vanalize peoples **** :

your interior looks charcole to me, i think in 01 they switched to ebony. i'd check ebay out, theres always interior parts for sale. you can get the paint codes from the RPO list on your drivers side door. heres mine from the Z

14B TRIM COMBINATION, CLOTH, LT GRAY (B) (92)
14I INTERIOR TRIM , LT GRAY (I) (92)
41Q MOLDING COLOR, BLACK (91)
41U PRIMARY COLOR, EXTERIOR, BLACK

then just go to search and type in RPO codes and you should be able to find a link to a lists having all the codes.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea what jrp said look at the RPO codes and you might want to try YearOne they're a sponsor........................................... .................................................. ...>
Old 05-31-2004, 06:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Damn why do people have to do that to vehicle's . People work hard for what they have and people screw it up in a heart beat. That really blow's I hope you get everything like it was.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jrp

your interior looks charcole to me, i think in 01 they switched to ebony. i'd check ebay out, theres always interior parts for sale. you can get the paint codes from the RPO list on your drivers side door. heres mine from the Z

14B TRIM COMBINATION, CLOTH, LT GRAY (B) (92)
14I INTERIOR TRIM , LT GRAY (I) (92)
41Q MOLDING COLOR, BLACK (91)
41U PRIMARY COLOR, EXTERIOR, BLACK

then just go to search and type in RPO codes and you should be able to find a link to a lists having all the codes.

turns out i got the 142 rpo which is light grey leather.

found it here after a little searching.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jrp
No ****. Rat bastards. Hopefully your insurance will cover most of it.