New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 Camaro ss starts then dies bypassed vats still no go what else? BCM?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Camaro ss starts then dies bypassed vats still no go what else? BCM?

The car ran fine up until one time it wouldn't start and run anymore. Did a search read could be vats so found the sticky put 3 resistors in series to equal the proper amount tried it and no luck. It will start like it is hitting of the fuel pump prime but after that will not stay running, if you use starting fluid it will run for a while and sound normal I was told.
I just sold the car after having it for 2 years and the guy made it home and then tried to fire it up and then this begun. Is there anything else to check?
The security light is on with the key in the on position and goes off while cranking. I have disconnected the battery, cleaned the MAF, and checked what connectors I can reach.
Is there anything else I am missing? could the crank position sensor be causing it?
Old 05-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Launching!

I had to do the VATS bypass a couple of weeks ago. If the security light turns off once the car is started, that shouldn't be your problem.

Has the car thrown any codes from the check engine light or service engine soon light? When you turn the key to the on position, do you hear the fuel pump prime? Have you ever changed the fuel filter?
Old 05-28-2015, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

just heard from the dude, it only had 10lbs of fuel pressure after it primed and then shut off so it looks like the fuel pump is toast

Anyone expierence something like this? From a brief search I didn't turn anything up

Last edited by Haddixj; 05-28-2015 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

following up
pulled the tank and the rubber fuel hose in the pump module split causing the problem

Quick Reply: 2001 Camaro ss starts then dies bypassed vats still no go what else? BCM?