New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1998 chevy camaro z28 what should do!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, that's a very nice car for the money. I'm not even in the market for one and I would've jumped all over that even if it was to flip it.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hillskyle
Nice find! Honestly I would kill to be in your shoes. How crazy of a build are u wanting to do? U are set up pretty nice for a big single turbo set up and rebuilt rear end if u ask me
i have 2 ls1s one is carb'd in my 1971 impala but I'm thinking maybe of checking the rear end fluid tomorrow and check it out. I've looked up the turbo stuff $$$
i wish!
Old 08-29-2015, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98cherrySS
That may be the best deal I've ever seen... That said, if it were me, I'd lose the auto zone hood scoops and stripes. Let the ford guys keep that ****. Start with a full tune up and fluid swap. I'd strain the oil, trans and diff fluids to see if there is any junk sitting in the pan. Pull codes and address accordingly. Bleed brakes and clutch and after all of that, you'll have a good idea of the true condition of things. The 3rd & 4th gears grinding will likely require attention but bleed the clutch well and see if that improves engagement.

Congrats and good luck!

thanks and cheers as well! i will have my friend obd12 it and yes thats a very good point I'm going to replace the front wheel hub as its very bad but im having trouble with these stupid locks on the wheels. the brakes and clutch need attention and i have a spare abs module thing. if that helps me any lol

so far no leaks and clean fluids! a little low on tranny and i think brake fluid?
Old 08-29-2015, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98cherrySS
That may be the best deal I've ever seen... That said, if it were me, I'd lose the auto zone hood scoops and stripes. Let the ford guys keep that ****. Start with a full tune up and fluid swap. I'd strain the oil, trans and diff fluids to see if there is any junk sitting in the pan. Pull codes and address accordingly. Bleed brakes and clutch and after all of that, you'll have a good idea of the true condition of things. The 3rd & 4th gears grinding will likely require attention but bleed the clutch well and see if that improves engagement.

Congrats and good luck!

btw that ford joke was the best i should post of the pic of the guy i got it from lol...(CHIMO)
Old 08-29-2015, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by murphinator
unless it has long tubes and no cats then the gmmg blatts unbearably...

I have had 3 long tube no cats cars and both my magnaflow catback and true duals cars are quitter/better sounding less blatt & drone than the gmmg
what exhaust do you guys think get the best bang for the buck?

i heard a camaro the guy said he had flow master something rather and it sounded like a pretty beast whip when he pressed the petal but at idle it was quiet and had very little sound
Old 08-31-2015, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 173 Likes on 155 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I have a Flowmaster muffler on my 1999 TA and it has a nice rumble. I have SLP Loudmouth 1 on my 2002 Formula and it's wonderfully loud. There is a slight drone on the freeway, but for under $400 it's worth it.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nathan C
I have a Flowmaster muffler on my 1999 TA and it has a nice rumble. I have SLP Loudmouth 1 on my 2002 Formula and it's wonderfully loud. There is a slight drone on the freeway, but for under $400 it's worth it.
i love flow master how does yours sounds? and what one was under $400 the SLP?
Old 09-15-2015, 04:09 AM
On The Tree

PM me if you have any parts thanks!!!
Old 09-15-2015, 04:09 AM
On The Tree

and TT this
Old 09-18-2015, 03:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hillskyle
Nice find! Honestly I would kill to be in your shoes. How crazy of a build are u wanting to do? U are set up pretty nice for a big single turbo set up and rebuilt rear end if u ask me
no turbo just motor i want to do nice mods that won't mess up senses and require tuning snd all the t bd
Old 09-18-2015, 03:09 AM
On The Tree

ANYTHING ANYTHING???

WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE THIS CAR THE WA IT CAME OUT THE FACTOR

I NEED PARTS... IM NOT RICH BUT I WOULD LOVE TOget some things

tt let me know if you guys have any otther advice .. help.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:30 AM
On The Tree

bought a sld air box....

no parts online here so I'm looking about the jet lower tstat are those any good?

btw my coolant sensor won't turn of and when i turn my car off it sounds ike bubble bubble bubble does anyone else do that?
Old 09-21-2015, 02:31 AM
On The Tree

any ideas for ls1 intake, what one is best bang for the buck the ls6? or the new msd airforce
Old 09-21-2015, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 173 Likes on 155 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Sorry it took so long to reply. My TA has the 80 series muffler and it sounds good, but not too loud on the highway. Check out the WS6store.com for their selection of Loudmouth exhaust systems. As I said, my SLP Loudmouth 1 catback was under $400 and I love it.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nathan C
Sorry it took so long to reply. My TA has the 80 series muffler and it sounds good, but not too loud on the highway. Check out the WS6store.com for their selection of Loudmouth exhaust systems. As I said, my SLP Loudmouth 1 catback was under $400 and I love it.

OKAY, ILLL LOOK INTO THAT...

HAPPEN DO HAVE ANY SPARE PARTS?

LOL

I'm saving to do upgrades. did you upgrade your suspension, wheels? hubs etc
Old 09-24-2015, 07:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Remove those fake scoops on your hood ASAP.
What are you looking to improve on the car, be specific. Don't say "I want it to be better", tell us exactly what you want to change about the way it drives and we can help point you in the right direction.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Jesus, you stole that thing ---- ^^^^^^^^ THIS DEAR GOD PLEASE REMOVE IT
Old 09-25-2015, 02:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Remove those fake scoops on your hood ASAP.
What are you looking to improve on the car, be specific. Don't say "I want it to be better", tell us exactly what you want to change about the way it drives and we can help point you in the right direction.

looking for better braking, rear struts and sway bars for overall handling

the engine i want i new cam, or a new intake i want to stay stock with the block but change injectors mad intake system, i want more horse power and i want the 6 speed to be built and not skip gears wit that stupid chip thing i need it.

i need a list of parts i can buy such as what intake besides a ls6 intake would be a nice upgrade that won't break the bank, lets start with the top end.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the msd intake isnt worth it, poor fitment, lack of customer support and all for the same power a fast 102 offers. I'd either buy the dorman ls6 replacement intake and port it, which will give better results than a stock ls6 or go directly to a fast 102
Old 09-25-2015, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chevryder71
looking for better braking, rear struts and sway bars for overall handling
For better braking on budget, quality pads like hawk hps and some blank rotors will be a very good improvement.
Good shocks (these cars dont have struts) will make the biggest improvement to handling out of all the suspension you could do, so dont cheap out here.
Why do you think you need rear only? You want to match the front shocks as well, otherwise it will be really obvious the front is underdamped compared to the rear.
On the lower end of things there are bilstien shocks or koni str.t. If you want a really big improvement while still being affordable look into the koni sport single adjustables.
For swaybars get either then umi or strano set, both are 35mm front/22mm rear. Perfect balance for handling.

the engine i want i new cam, or a new intake i want to stay stock with the block but change injectors mad intake system, i want more horse power and i want the 6 speed to be built and not skip gears wit that stupid chip thing i need it.
Search for "skip shift eliminator", that will disable the skip shift feature for raelly cheap.
Why do you think you need injectors? You wont need to upgrade them until you are well into the 400rwhp range.
Look into a used ls6 intake, and if you want a cam search the gen 3 internal section to figure out which one is best for you. But before you get a cam you should be running long tube headers, aftermarket ypipe (or xpipe) and a better catback otherwise you wont see big gains from the cam because it will be choked.

Quick Reply: 1998 chevy camaro z28 what should do!!!!