Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 questions

Looking into buying a 6.0 and 4l80e for my 1970 nova. I know that I don't want vvt, so my question is do I need to stay away from those motors and what years did vvt start?
Old 02-22-2016, 07:43 PM
Teching In

I'm in the same situation but with a 70 c10, i believe it can be tuned out of the ecm though. I want to say it started with the 07 body style but i could be very wrong. Here's a bump to the top regardless.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:21 AM
Staging Lane

Is there a particular reason you do not want the VVT?

To answer your question, 2007 and up truck/van 6.0s (engine codes LY6 and L96) have VVT and also have the L92 style rectangular port heads. The VVT can be completely deleted from these engines with a few parts and is about as involved as a cam swap, mostly because you are basically swapping to a non VVT cam. There would not be any reason to just tune it out as the stock cam profile is specific to using the VVT which means you would not have an ideal configuration with this approach.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MorePSI
Is there a particular reason you do not want the VVT?

To answer your question, 2007 and up truck/van 6.0s (engine codes LY6 and L96) have VVT and also have the L92 style rectangular port heads. The VVT can be completely deleted from these engines with a few parts and is about as involved as a cam swap, mostly because you are basically swapping to a non VVT cam. There would not be any reason to just tune it out as the stock cam profile is specific to using the VVT which means you would not have an ideal configuration with this approach.
Just didn't want to deal with the hassle I guess. Bought a 2004 lq4 so should be good..

Quick Reply: 6.0 questions