Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will these fit on my 98 SS??

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will these fit on my 98 SS??

Got a good deal on these, just wondering if I'll have a problem with the length...
Old 02-27-2016, 08:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would help to know what vehicle they are for.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:07 AM
Staging Lane

Got them off C/L they were listed for a 98 camaro, but my buddy said they look too long and might hit the ground?... They looked fine to me... Just wondering if they look like normal Fbody LT's
Old 02-28-2016, 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

They look like a set of offshore F-body headers to me with the driver side kick out and welded 4 to 1 merge to 3" pipe collector. If you search on eBay for "2002 Camaro Headers" you'll find that style for around 165 dollars from a couple sellers. Depending on everything else there is a possibility of them scraping on speed bumps and curbs but that is true for any long tube header.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MorePSI
They look like a set of offshore F-body headers to me with the driver side kick out and welded 4 to 1 merge to 3" pipe collector. If you search on eBay for "2002 Camaro Headers" you'll find that style for around 165 dollars from a couple sellers. Depending on everything else there is a possibility of them scraping on speed bumps and curbs but that is true for any long tube header.
I love this website... Between all the people on here you're all a lot of help... That sounds about right... The guy was selling them for cheap... Thanks for he reply!... Would tsp out perform these? Or are the offshore ones crappy and it's one of those "you get what you paid for" type things... Are LT's better than shorties?
Old 02-28-2016, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My understanding, shorties are a slight (and I mean slight) improvement over the stock manifolds. LongTubes with a good catback are huge gains in the upper RPM range, and lower range, too, if you get a good one with the scavenging effect (sucks the exhaust right out, not just a place for it to go.)
Old 02-28-2016, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SouthernRex
My understanding, shorties are a slight (and I mean slight) improvement over the stock manifolds. LongTubes with a good catback are huge gains in the upper RPM range, and lower range, too, if you get a good one with the scavenging effect (sucks the exhaust right out, not just a place for it to go.)
Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciate the input... I think I'll try these out and see how they perform they just seemed too good to be true at $140 but couldn't pass up the possibility of it being a steal of a deal as well... Hope they perform as well as a set of TSP LT's
Old 03-06-2016, 01:19 PM
TECH Resident

If you run them I would cut the air and egr tubes off and have them welded shut. They could pop off in the future. Much easier to do it now than after they are on the car
Old 03-06-2016, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ds98formula
If you run them I would cut the air and egr tubes off and have them welded shut. They could pop off in the future. Much easier to do it now than after they are on the car
Awesome! Thanks for the advice, I think I'll do that lol
Old 03-13-2016, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SwiftSS
Awesome! Thanks for the advice, I think I'll do that lol
Yes, do it. Take it from someone that had to get them welded up on the car.

Quick Reply: Will these fit on my 98 SS??