New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the approximate value of a COMPLETE LM7, LS1, and LQ9 motor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the approximate value of a COMPLETE LM7, LS1, and LQ9 motor?

Posted this before but my LS1 spun a rod. Mechanic has given me options:
(1.) Buy an LM7 for ~$600 and swap that in, to save money.
(2.) Rebuild current LS1 for about $1500, depending on what a machine shop says.
(3.) Buy LM7 and swap in cam for $390, Install kit for $450, and BT pushrods for $90. So close to an LS1 rebuild price but with more POWA.

I don't know for sure (this is why I'm asking) but people tell me an LM7 is like $400 and that an $LS1 is $1800. Someone said a LQ9 is $1200.

I just want to know because since it's already going to be $1000 in labor total, I might as well get the most bang for my buck. Many have said a 5.3 doesn't belong in my Z/28 no matter the cost savings. Others have said screw the LS1 and now is the time to upgrade to a 6.0. What are the real average prices and what do y'all think I should do?
Old 02-27-2016, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everybodys opinion always going to be different. Its all in the power you want and whats available. Every part of country has different pricing and milage depends on whats for sale. Most of it falls on your budget. Go with what you can afford. A 5.3 in there running is worth more than a car with bad engine. Most people would never know difference anyway.

Quick Reply: What is the approximate value of a COMPLETE LM7, LS1, and LQ9 motor?