New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

price of longtubes and true duals?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default price of longtubes and true duals?!?!

I've seen some threads on this before but I'm at work and the search thing takes way to long on this computer but my question is how much do longtubes (pacesetter, hooker. Something relatively cheap) and some true duals cost installed? I wanted to buy a nice catback (gmmg or slp cme) but I'd like to see how much this cost. I'm in california and I just smogged my car so I have 2 years.. I heard black magic has some good prices can anyone give me a place or a price quote? I'm in the bay area. Thanks a lot.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ineedtorque
I've seen some threads on this before but I'm at work and the search thing takes way to long on this computer but my question is how much do longtubes (pacesetter, hooker. Something relatively cheap) and some true duals cost installed? I wanted to buy a nice catback (gmmg or slp cme) but I'd like to see how much this cost. I'm in california and I just smogged my car so I have 2 years.. I heard black magic has some good prices can anyone give me a place or a price quote? I'm in the bay area. Thanks a lot.
My Pacesetter LT's were $300 and I paid around $400 for my true dual materials. I did the install myself so that saved my quite a bit also.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

If you have an SS, I'm going to assume you have a decent catback system on it, and you really aren't going to benefit much more at all from true duals until you've got a helluva lotta HP under the hood and it really needs to breath more. Get some decent headers, definately a lid and maybe a cam and you'll be quite pleased.

Edit: Just read you post more closely and saw your looking for a catback, do you not at least have the dual/duals or loudmouth? If not, then maybe it's not out of the question to do true duals, but don't do duals w/out doing headers, or your gonna lose low end torque.

Oh, and good choice on your car, '99 SS's rock!

Last edited by 4mula1; 06-15-2004 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Yea I was thinking about doing labor myself. Does any have the number for black magic racing? I thought I saw a thread that said they had a deal pretty cheap
Old 06-15-2004, 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What 4mula said. Don't do duals without doing headers, you will end up getting headers and regret it because you will have to spend more money/time altering the duals to fit. Get headers/duals/lid. You will see a decent improvement in sound and power from those for a nice price. It cost me over $1k to do my exhaust, but it could be done for less. (my jet-hots were $515, you could be cheap and get diff headers) and I spent $550 for the duals from Speed Inc rather than messing with it myself or some muffler shop I didn't trust. Also, if you compare to the price of a cat-back while doing headers, you will not need a Y-pipe. Duals to the axle will be cheaper than a Y-pipe and an expensive cat-back, sound better (IMO), and yield more torque with more flow potential in case you every have an awful lot of power.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

Question

Do u main (slp cme) like in this pic?
Old 06-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Yea just like that.. I love the look of the cme. It really sets off the car, not many around my town have that.