Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Camaro PO171 PO174

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Camaro PO171 PO174

I own a 2000 Camaro SS M6 about 116k on it.
Nearly stock only mods are slp lid w/ k&N, and SLP Loudmouth Exhaust.

For damn three years I owned and never have I had problems until recently. About one month ago my check engine light began going on and off. Somedays the light would remain on and other days the light would go on and shortly after go off. well, now it's on permanently! I have scan my Camaro in the recent days. the scanner gave the following codes PO171 & PO174. I've done some research on the problem looks like I have a vacuum leak somewhere.

Since then I have purchase CARB cleaner and sprayed it around common areas and haven't had any luck. What are the most common areas where I could find this leak?
Old 04-25-2016, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having a similar problem but I'm don't understand much about engines. I guess I have to take it to a repair shop.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

So having both banks running lean indicates its likely not a leak due to an intake manifold gasket... when you say you sprayed "common" areas what do you mean?

And james, I wouldn't waste money taking it to a shop. The amount they'll likely charge you for diagnosing the issue isn't worth it. Take some time to read up on engines and how they work, ask questions and you'll learn it soon enough. At the most basic these are really simple machines to understand.

Quick Reply: 2000 Camaro PO171 PO174