Lm7 build - LS1TECH

New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lm7 build

Old 02-22-2017, 09:44 AM   #1
Teching In

Default Lm7 build

first post, not sure if in right section, please inform me if it isn't. I have a 5.3 and 4l60e that I'm going to rebuild for my truck, I'm looking for a list of all interchangeable stock parts, (pros/cons, best combo, etc.). I work for a dealership and have access to a lot of parts, not trying to go crazy, just a fun and different build for a daily driver. I know performance gains will be greater with custom aftermarket parts, but I want it all stock GM parts for the ease of access. I also think it would be cool to build a Frankenstein motor using all stock parts, seems fun. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Jsrobbs; 02-22-2017 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Left out opening statement
Jsrobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:01 AM   #2
Restricted User

There are going to be parts from GM that are more expensive now than their aftermarket alternatives.
JoeNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:44 PM   #3
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsrobbs View Post
first post, not sure if in right section, please inform me if it isn't. I have a 5.3 and 4l60e that I'm going to rebuild for my truck, I'm looking for a list of all interchangeable stock parts, (pros/cons, best combo, etc.). I work for a dealership and have access to a lot of parts, not trying to go crazy, just a fun and different build for a daily driver. I know performance gains will be greater with custom aftermarket parts, but I want it all stock GM parts for the ease of access. I also think it would be cool to build a Frankenstein motor using all stock parts, seems fun. Thanks in advance.

Jsrobbs,

If you're looking to stay factory GM everything on your build. You could run a factory c5 2002-2004 Z06 cam 204/218 duration - .550/.550 lift - 117.5 LSA. Find a set of 243s or 799s and mill them a bit to bump compression. I had my stock trans converter reworked on my 2010 which helped as well. Grab some rear gears out of a GT4 G80 truck if you're looking for 3.73s and LSD.

If you want a set of headers cheap, Pacesetter has some decent stuff for cheap. I had a set of their LTs and O/R Y-pipe on my 16 5.3. No issues.

Good luck with your build and if you have any questions at all, fire away! Welcome to the site!

-Russ
Frankenstein is online now   Reply With Quote