New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ran across this cam For a 5.3. Needing more parts to match it For my Avy.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran across this cam For a 5.3. Needing more parts to match it For my Avy.

I have an 06 1500 Avalanche LT 4x4 Cold air. K&N filter, Mass air flow, straight pipe to flow super 40 series. single out though with a tip. It sounds great with the Awesome HP Tuners tune and I get 17 to 22 mpg' s depending traffic and where I'm at. On 35x12.50x17s. No ****. Everything else stock. I put a good fuel pump in it and fel-pro manifold gaskets in end of last summer and knock sensors.. Ok I just came across this cam I am posting a picture of It if it shows up. It comes with .560" lift BTR Ls6 Beehive valve springs. And Ls hat valve seals​​​​​​.
My main question would be where to get a new timing chain to go with it. I guess their website? Obviously needs new one with the new components.. also wanna know where to buy the MLS head gaskets and what thickness for my motor. Vin # had the Z with aluminum heads. Plus was going to pick up an oil pump. And wasn't sure what size stall converter I need but I do need lifters and push rods also. And I beleive thats the end of the list? Lol

Last edited by CattleLac; 04-03-2017 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:55 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

I'm pretty sure Vin Z is an L59 which is not an aluminum block.

You don't need a new timing chain with that cam. Honestly, you don't have to replace anything unless you feel the need to.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:38 AM

I appreciate the reply I only wanted to get it in the first place because I have to replace my lifters anyway. I do have aluminum heads I was pretty sure wasn't all aluminum motor. Not sure if I had put that in my last post. My bad if I did. I spoke with a tech a few mins ago from Brian tooley racing and he did suggest the single to 3 bolt conversion kit for cam and new timing chain to go with it. He may just be trying to get me to spend more money idk. Lol but any advice helps never had to do any major mechanical work or did performance on newer model chevy. All old 76 to 91chevys. That's it.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:10 AM

It's hard to find correct info on the internet all it it is different and changes. But this this seems more of a trustworthy site. I have just had alot going on plus finally finished my latest project 91 black 4.3 s10 got it running and driving for less than 850 clean title in hand..

Anyways on to the AVY i have my new Lifters and lifter trays the cam kit and all but someone said i have too have a 1 bolt to 3 bolt conversion kit for cam and probably bigger fuel injectors? So idk about that but I'm going with a circle D stall converter. Thinking around 3600 i need it to run higher for my truck wouldn't i
Old 04-18-2017, 10:03 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

I don't think the L59 is a single bolt engine.

Quick Reply: Ran across this cam For a 5.3. Needing more parts to match it For my Avy.