New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 silverado 5.3 HELP

Old 04-18-2017, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 01 silverado 5.3 HELP

Ok so i was taking a corner , heard a bang from front area of truck. Then try to accelerate , wont shift into second unless i let off the gas for a second then re-apply gas. shifts into other gears. Does this every time from takeoff now. I drove home like this and parked it. Left it parked all weekend. It leaked probably a litre of rad fluid on the ground over the weekend. I looked under the hood, and noticed the ac belt is broken? Is this a related problem? Seems odd this would happen at the exact same time. I was not using my ac when this happened nor have i used it for probably 8 months. Ive had no problems with my transmission up to this point. ive got 260kms on the truck. i just recently changed the oil not even a week ago. tranny fluid has a nice pink color to it still, doesnt smell burnt. oil looks fine. no sludge on oil cap or overflow cap. I dont know what to do and i really dont want to take it to a shop to get hosed $
Old 04-18-2017, 06:49 PM

oh and it wont shift manually through the shifter. its and auto trans.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

get access to a scanner see if any codes came up and put it in limp mode. That many miles probably rebuild time

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 01 silverado 5.3 HELP