Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

noob trying to engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default noob trying to engine swap

Hi guys need a little help here I have a 2000 Camaro without an engine. Anyway found an ls6 with 18 k miles on the clock guy wants 3.5k(is that a good price) but will it bolt in with out mods to harness also I have a ls1 in my daily that's been leaking oil for 3 years gona fix that any ideas what I should do to engine while its out to extend its life or what damage to look for

Any tips or advise would be appreciated also my daily is a another 2000 Camaro both are t56 cars and I really don't know what I'm doing lol
Old 06-02-2017, 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the oil leak on the daily, I seriously doubt the engine needs to be completely removed to diagnose and repair the leak. Where is it leaking from, have you looked and tried to find the source of the leak? Things that come to mind would be the oil pressure sending unit behind the intake manifold, rear main seal, valve covers...could be a lot of things but not engine removal worthy IMO without knowing more detail. If it has been leaking for 3 years and not had any issues other than that, it's more than likely something simple. My old Z-28 had upwards of 300k miles on a bone stock engine that had never been touched for more than oil and filter changes. It leaked about 1/2 qt a week and ran perfectly fine.

Secondly, for the dude asking 3.5k for an LS6, no matter the miles, is a f*cking lunatic. Go find yourself an iron block 6.0L in a junk yard and rebuild that to throw in the other car.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah a mechanic told me its leaking from the rear main seal and the ls6 has was converted to a carburetor... So no ls6 intake

Quick Reply: noob trying to engine swap