New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another noobie with a LS

Old 06-19-2017, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another noobie with a LS

Finally pulled the trigger on a LS for my '53 chevy 210. It suppose to be a 5.3 with 105,000 out of a '05 chevy truck (I'm having trouble uploading pics). It came with everything including a "flashed" computer, wiring harness, 4L60, and throttle.
AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaand, now what. My frame is going back to the body man so he can finish up on the body work so the engine will be on the shelf realistically 2-3 months. That said, What all do y'all recommend I do gearing up for the install.
I looking to have a "put the key in and go engine" rather that hot rod so I'm keeping it pretty stock.

My biggest learning curve is the computer side. All the wire are a little intimidating.
Attached Thumbnails Another noobie with a LS-img_1541.jpg   Another noobie with a LS-img_1542.jpg   Another noobie with a LS-rear-frame-done-53-chevy.jpg  
Old 06-20-2017, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i've never done a swap however you should get the book "LS SWAP" and also search for an article from super chevy may 2004 "ls1 do's & donts". goodluck! ps there are plenty of mild street cams that are much better than stock.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another noobie with a LS