Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temp gauge sweep 99 SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 01:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Temp gauge sweep 99 SS

I was hoping someone can help me here. My cars temp gauge needle will sweep and in the process my car jerks like crazy. I switched out the temp sensor twice with no luck. 2 weeks ago I installed a brand new water pump and thermostat and doing that helped a lot! Now, after I drive my car around for 20 mins it doesn't happen at all unlike before when I had my old water pump. Is it possible that I may have air in my radiator or possibly a bad ground?
Old 08-30-2017, 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
I was hoping someone can help me here. My cars temp gauge needle will sweep and in the process my car jerks like crazy. I switched out the temp sensor twice with no luck. 2 weeks ago I installed a brand new water pump and thermostat and doing that helped a lot! Now, after I drive my car around for 20 mins it doesn't happen at all unlike before when I had my old water pump. Is it possible that I may have air in my radiator or possibly a bad ground?

Buy a $30 OBD2 cable and OBD2 software like PalmerPerformance software and you can see what the TEMP gauge is really reading. A lot of guy's say the 1999 and above LS1 uses a dummy TEMP gauge and isn't accurate but my HP Tuners software and Palmers read 195F when fully warm during the hot summer. The gauge is actually pretty accurate by like 2-5 degree's and mine is a stock thermostat with 167,000 miles.

Quick Reply: Temp gauge sweep 99 SS