Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I bought someone’s project car

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bought someone’s project car

I just bought someone project car is a 1998 z28 with a camed 5.3 iron block. I got this pretty cheap from a friend of s friend. I’ve got a lifter tapping witch was brought to my attention from the seller. But now I believe just my oil pan seal may be leaking or my rear main seal.
my important question that I’m requesting help is;
whst else should I be looking for or check. I want to get my new girl up to par without getting over my head.

Thanks , smurph
Old 01-14-2018, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Start out with any weird noises, smells, (magic) smoke, etc.

Regarding visuals, I have no doubt there are a ton of people here that could assist (aka, multiple eyes on a project). When possible, please post as many high quality, detailed pictures as you can. Specifically in any areas you have concerns over.

Congrat's on your new F Body.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Check for codes for starters. I would pull a few plugs if they are not new and see if they look like they could use replacing. I would have changed them before the swap if it was my project anyways, so hopefully that was done. Check all vacuum lines to see if the system was swapped over correctly and that there are no vacuum leaks or open ports. Check all grounds to ensure that they are connected and tight.

Quick Reply: I bought someone’s project car