New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 Silverado z71 4x4 5.3 new to lsx need help for tune

Old 02-16-2018, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 03 Silverado z71 4x4 5.3 new to lsx need help for tune

I'm working on my truck that I bought. Fixing years of neglect. So I'm new to working on the LS motor . I have the 5.3 I've put on new shorty headers new Y pipe blew out the cats and a dyno max race magnum muffler. Fresh tune up plugs and wires clean bases for coils. New air filter fresh oil change mobile 5w 30 synthetic. Truck ran decent before now have a idle stumble after warm up. Like a carb is loading up. Wot it seems to like a beast. I believe I need a tune . If so I'm going to get cold air intake first and thought of new or bigger throttle body. Young jedi looking for master Yoda. Playing qith this before my big project. Want to learn cause I want to LS swap my nova next . I've built and played carb. Now want to come to the other side
Old 02-16-2018, 11:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don’t forget to clean the maf. If you don’t know how to do that, I can explain it, have to be very careful doing it. This can cause odd running conditions.

Also, welcome from a fellow ohioan

-Mark Jr.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:02 AM

I cleaned it and the throttle body before the upgrades and ran fine. After the upgrades I got the dumb stumble . No misfire codes idle is a lot lower mid 500 low 600 rpms . No 02 sensor codes. This is where I'm stuck . Wish I had a brick or a bigger scan tool but don't. Waiting for a buddy to bring his
Old 02-17-2018, 12:03 AM

Nice T/A by the way! Alright a fellow buckeye

Search this Thread