New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experienced people advice needed (thanks in advance)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 08:47 AM
Teching In

Location: Dubai ( I don't exactly live there but people might recognize the country through its landmark city )
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experienced people advice needed (thanks in advance)

Hello, my name is Ali, I'm just about to get my license and thought for the last year and a half for the car I'm going to buy, and I found that the LS1 fits my profile.. Obviously I've worked with cars for the last 6 years, but only fixing them.. I've helped building a 2jz Jeep Cherokee, I've built an AMC stroked to 5.0/ 577rwhp and 309whp respectively, Im only mentioning the ones that actually lasted.. anyways I soon realized my love for American cars and always woke up to sounds of American muscle (not only straight six's but also LS2's and 3's), and I'm so sick of these turbo Nissan Patrols and Toyota land cruisers with 700+ hp that kill everything that moves, they sound cool at first but they are actually boring.. and I feel like a bubble about to burst cause I help building all these cars and not driving them burns, itches and sweats my palms.. Before I go into asking the question I just want to say this.. I know the old "make your research and you'll find what you're looking for" but no.. all the actual important threads here are from 2009 and down.. so I only get some actual useful information..
i realize Americans don't have the Caprice (only as a police interceptor).. we have the older version of that which is the holden monaro in Australia called caprice here in the Middle East which has a 330 hp 5.7 LS1 which is as cheap as 2k$, I have a great budget of 7k$, I am going to go all out after getting used to the hp because I've actually never driven a car before (ofcourse except for license training) and I don't wanna kill myself doing what I love.. I want to know what you guys think and I need a list that would get me to 400 rwhp, I want to know every single advice.. is this the car for a kid like me? And if it is...

what are your most reliable pieces to the 400 magical puzzle? ( I'm planning to keep it as a daily)

headers
air filter
fuel pump
injectors ( I would prefer if it was mentioned in CC's)
ignition system and wiring
valve springs and/or rocker setup
camshaft
exhaust system
standalone ECU
head porting maybe?
intake
tb
oil pump
water pump
radiator
radiator fans
differential and what gears
wheels
tyres/ semi slicks please(:...
Trans cooler

Thank you in advance, every single part you mention will be saved and researched later.. I want to make this right and reliable.. and as for the heat.. you guys need to think about the heat we have here( it's actually worse than you hear) mention the best radiator and fans you think fit best for this build..so ofcourse when it gets tuned I will ask my tuner to pull some timing off of it.

P.S I think it comes with the Camaro 98-02 4 gears auto only.
your friend -Ali.

Last edited by capricecheese; 05-01-2018 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Did not mention the gearbox code
Old 05-01-2018, 09:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Redline ECU-882C + LS2 = 500 HP OEM

Hi ALi, I have customers in your area.
My Pantera Customer's FATHER Richard Lowery built much of your city.

I manufacture your requested "standalone" my ECU-882C-1-TTL, my GEN-IV/IGN-1A ignition coils.

I have MANY LS applications, many Sand Cars/Off Road Cars.

These posts are of the first LS-2 dyno test, for GMPP, using OEM internals AND my Intakes/ECU/Coil choices making over 500 HP.

Lance
Attached Thumbnails Experienced people advice needed (thanks in advance)-dsc_0060.jpg   Experienced people advice needed (thanks in advance)-dsc_0061.jpg   Experienced people advice needed (thanks in advance)-dsc_0062.jpg   Experienced people advice needed (thanks in advance)-dsc_0063.jpg   Experienced people advice needed (thanks in advance)-dsc_0064.jpg  

Experienced people advice needed (thanks in advance)-dsc_0065.jpg   Experienced people advice needed (thanks in advance)-dsc_0067.jpg   Experienced people advice needed (thanks in advance)-dsc_0066.jpg   Experienced people advice needed (thanks in advance)-dsc_0069.jpg   Experienced people advice needed (thanks in advance)-dsc_0070.jpg  

Old 05-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Location: Dubai ( I don't exactly live there but people might recognize the country through its landmark city )

Originally Posted by Pantera EFI
Hi ALi, I have customers in your area.
My Pantera Customer's FATHER Richard Lowery built much of your city.

I manufacture your requested "standalone" my ECU-882C-1-TTL, my GEN-IV/IGN-1A ignition coils.

I have MANY LS applications, many Sand Cars/Off Road Cars.

These posts are of the first LS-2 dyno test, for GMPP, using OEM internals AND my Intakes/ECU/Coil choices making over 500 HP.

Lance

How much does your ECU and ignition coil pack cost? And no disrespect but why is it any better than let's say a MSD one? And what's your ECU's capabilities? Is it easy to use? (easy as in I can work and learn on it a long the way?).... I've worked with tuning chips before and as a beginner is it a good platform? And that build actually looks sick man, what fuel system were you going with?
Old 05-01-2018, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by capricecheese

Hello, my name is Ali, I'm just about to get my license and thought for the last year and a half for the car I'm going to buy, and I found that the LS1 fits my profile.. Obviously I've worked with cars for the last 6 years, but only fixing them.. I've helped building a 2jz Jeep Cherokee, I've built an AMC stroked to 5.0/ 577rwhp and 309whp respectively, Im only mentioning the ones that actually lasted.. anyways I soon realized my love for American cars and always woke up to sounds of American muscle (not only straight six's but also LS2's and 3's), and I'm so sick of these turbo Nissan Patrols and Toyota land cruisers with 700+ hp that kill everything that moves, they sound cool at first but they are actually boring.. and I feel like a bubble about to burst cause I help building all these cars and not driving them burns, itches and sweats my palms.. Before I go into asking the question I just want to say this.. I know the old "make your research and you'll find what you're looking for" but no.. all the actual important threads here are from 2009 and down.. so I only get some actual useful information..
i realize Americans don't have the Caprice (only as a police interceptor).. we have the older version of that which is the holden monaro in Australia called caprice here in the Middle East which has a 330 hp 5.7 LS1 which is as cheap as 2k$, I have a great budget of 7k$, I am going to go all out after getting used to the hp because I've actually never driven a car before (ofcourse except for license training) and I don't wanna kill myself doing what I love.. I want to know what you guys think and I need a list that would get me to 400 rwhp, I want to know every single advice.. is this the car for a kid like me? And if it is...

what are your most reliable pieces to the 400 magical puzzle? ( I'm planning to keep it as a daily)

headers
air filter
fuel pump
injectors ( I would prefer if it was mentioned in CC's)
ignition system and wiring
valve springs and/or rocker setup
camshaft
exhaust system
standalone ECU
head porting maybe?
intake
tb
oil pump
water pump
radiator
radiator fans
differential and what gears
wheels
tyres/ semi slicks please(:...
Trans cooler

Thank you in advance, every single part you mention will be saved and researched later.. I want to make this right and reliable.. and as for the heat.. you guys need to think about the heat we have here( it's actually worse than you hear) mention the best radiator and fans you think fit best for this build..so ofcourse when it gets tuned I will ask my tuner to pull some timing off of it.

P.S I think it comes with the Camaro 98-02 4 gears auto only.
your friend -Ali.
Americans actually got the Monaro as well, in 2004 we got it as a Pontiac GTO. You can search the GTO section for anything specific to that car but all the LS1 engines are basically the same, and that "330hp" is actually probably more like 350hp+ unless they changed some things for your country compared to America. GM likes to underrate their engines, especially if the car might take sales away from the Corvette.

Something that you will like to hear is that your list is WAY over kill for only 400rwhp, I pasted your list here and you will see that many of the parts do not need to be changed out and you will just be wasting money. 400rwhp is easy with these engines.

headers - long tube headers of your choice
air filter - CAI of your choice - I would use a paper filter and NOT a K&N oiled filter, the oil can get on the MAF and cause false readings. HP gain is not noticeable.
fuel pump - stock
injectors ( I would prefer if it was mentioned in CC's) - stock will probably be fine
ignition system and wiring - stock
valve springs and/or rocker setup - valve springs match to your cam. You will probably want hardened pushrods, possibly better lifters and trunion upgrade to the stock rockers.
camshaft - This is where you will have to search and decide what is best for you. You can get a wild choppy cam and get 400rwhp with stock heads or get a more mild cam and get aftermarket heads and make 400rwhp (or more). Im no expert but probably something around 600 lift with around ~230 duration should get you there. Maybe like a Texas speed 228R for example.
exhaust system - full exhaust of your choice
standalone ECU - lol no, stock ECU - just need a tune
head porting maybe? - either this or aftermarket heads if you get a more mild cam. If you go wild you can leave the stock heads alone.
intake - if you have the LS6 intake you can leave it, otherwise get an LS6 intake or if you want to spend more money you can get a bigger one
tb - stock if you stay with the LS6 intake, otherwise whatever matches your aftermarket intake
oil pump - you can leave the stock one or get a high flow aftermarket one of your choice
water pump - stock
radiator - stock unless you really think you need one. 400rwhp in the US by no means needs an aftermarket radiator
radiator fans - stock
differential and what gears - stock, unneeded
wheels - your choice
tyres/ semi slicks please(:... - your choice. What do you have available in your country? NT555 G2? NT555R?
Trans cooler - search and decide what is best for you
*******you will want a stall converter if you have an automatic - what size you go with is personal preference but most seem to go with 3200 - 3600 converters.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Americans actually got the Monaro as well, in 2004 we got it as a Pontiac GTO. You can search the GTO section for anything specific to that car but all the LS1 engines are basically the same, and that "330hp" is actually probably more like 350hp+ unless they changed some things for your country compared to America. GM likes to underrate their engines, especially if the car might take sales away from the Corvette.

Something that you will like to hear is that your list is WAY over kill for only 400rwhp, I pasted your list here and you will see that many of the parts do not need to be changed out and you will just be wasting money. 400rwhp is easy with these engines.

headers - long tube headers of your choice
air filter - CAI of your choice - I would use a paper filter and NOT a K&N oiled filter, the oil can get on the MAF and cause false readings. HP gain is not noticeable.
fuel pump - stock
injectors ( I would prefer if it was mentioned in CC's) - stock will probably be fine
ignition system and wiring - stock
valve springs and/or rocker setup - valve springs match to your cam. You will probably want hardened pushrods, possibly better lifters and trunion upgrade to the stock rockers.
camshaft - This is where you will have to search and decide what is best for you. You can get a wild choppy cam and get 400rwhp with stock heads or get a more mild cam and get aftermarket heads and make 400rwhp (or more). Im no expert but probably something around 600 lift with around ~230 duration should get you there. Maybe like a Texas speed 228R for example.
exhaust system - full exhaust of your choice
standalone ECU - lol no, stock ECU - just need a tune
head porting maybe? - either this or aftermarket heads if you get a more mild cam. If you go wild you can leave the stock heads alone.
intake - if you have the LS6 intake you can leave it, otherwise get an LS6 intake or if you want to spend more money you can get a bigger one
tb - stock if you stay with the LS6 intake, otherwise whatever matches your aftermarket intake
oil pump - you can leave the stock one or get a high flow aftermarket one of your choice
water pump - stock
radiator - stock unless you really think you need one. 400rwhp in the US by no means needs an aftermarket radiator
radiator fans - stock
differential and what gears - stock, unneeded
wheels - your choice
tyres/ semi slicks please(:... - your choice. What do you have available in your country? NT555 G2? NT555R?
Trans cooler - search and decide what is best for you
*******you will want a stall converter if you have an automatic - what size you go with is personal preference but most seem to go with 3200 - 3600 converters.

so you're telling me.. that this whole build would cost me less than 2.5k$? Damn man you cleared off my chest..

How about the reliability? I'm going with the 2004 caprice cause it doesn't have the electronic throttle control (less issues) which is 05 and up

and about the GTO you're talking about the lumina... I made the mistake of typing Monaro, it's actually Holden Grange... and I've heard the Texas speed 228r it sounds absolutely amazing but unfortunately we have strict rules here about loud sounds.. so I'm thinking of a mild cam with an electronic exhaust that I can shut off and open the valve and not choke the power whenever I'm letting her eat..

and yes we have those nitto tyres I know a guy that sells them I'm guessing they won't spin?
I'm no tuner... but I heard oil pumps give you a little more RPM depending on how much flow It can give.. so my question here is.. if I go with a bigger oil pump than needed.. would it be safe to run and make it even more reliable with no oil issues? Or it doesn't work that way?

and about the radiator.. just to give you an example.. these cars are known to over heat STOCK.. so I will have to change the radiator and thermostat (give me suggestions of the best/bigger radiator, and a good reliable thermostat..

how do do I tell if I have the ls6 intake?

Whats a stall converter? (Obviously never worked with 1 before)

and if its for racing from a dig then don't worry.. I will never race this car from a dig.. only roll racing and some pulls on the highway and that's it for me..

ive read about the clutch 3-4 pack.. but I still haven't quite understood what the 3-4 stands for.. is it the 3rd and 4th gear? Or it stands for something else?

How much will the cylinder heads cost me?

Plus.. is it true that head porting helps with heat?

Im sorry for taking a lot of your time.. but that's just me.. when I learn about something I get as nosy as I can be.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:46 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

And no disrespect but why is it any better than let's say a MSD one?
IGN-1A coils are leaps and bounds above MSD coils, which aren't any better than OEM.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:18 AM
FormerVendor

Default Exhaust System + ECU Calibration = Best Upgrade

Hi Ali, I too suggest long tube exhaust system with BIG Mufflers ALL 3" S/S (both sides) to the tail.

I can E-mail you my Tuning Manual, a good read.
SURE, the HP tuners option is a great way to adjust the OEM PCM.

These TWO items will give a great HP/Torque increase.

I invented (team member) the MODERN ECU with DIS (Twin post coils) AND a 60-2 Reluctor on the crankshaft ( GM-58x) in 1986.
THUS I have 32 Years of manufacturing/selling/calibrating Engine Control Units.
ALL here at LS-1 tech report a better engine "feel", when measured a HP increase, when they fit one of my coil upgrades
The best is the IGN-1A, the one that Shane T (Motec) fits on the many cars he tunes in Dubai.

I would do the external (simple items) changes first, drive the car, then if more HP/Torque was wanted change the Heads/Camshaft/90mm Z-06 intake.

Your question about the Intake : What diameter is the Throttle Body Bore ? (post a pic?)

I sell Camshaft/Springs/Timing sets, most items are in stock with calibration guides for PCM tunes.

Lance, PanteraEFI.com
Old 05-02-2018, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

so you're telling me.. that this whole build would cost me less than 2.5k$? Damn man you cleared off my chest..

Possibly. I don't know how much parts will cost in your country or if you will have to have things shipped overseas and what not. I can tell you that making 400rwhp should not be expensive or difficult with an LS1.
How about the reliability? I'm going with the 2004 caprice cause it doesn't have the electronic throttle control (less issues) which is 05 and up
Engine-wise reliability should not be a problem at all. You may run into issues with the rest of the drivetrain being able to support the extra power, but 400rwp is not that much, especially since you said you will be doing mostly roll type of racing, that is very easy on the drivetrain.
While I don't completely know what is available in your market, you do have the Monaro there right? If so I would suggest going with that car if possible because it should be lighter and I would assume the aftermarket support is better. Also since you said you are more interested in roll racing I would look for a 6 speed manual car as they will be quicker from a roll.

and about the GTO you're talking about the lumina... I made the mistake of typing Monaro, it's actually Holden Grange...
We got a rebadged Monaro as the GTO:

We also later got a commedore.

and I've heard the Texas speed 228r it sounds absolutely amazing but unfortunately we have strict rules here about loud sounds.. so I'm thinking of a mild cam with an electronic exhaust that I can shut off and open the valve and not choke the power whenever I'm letting her eat..
Exhaust setup will make a massive difference in sound and volume. Here is a GTO for example with stock exhaust and a 228R cam:

With stock mufflers you can be pretty quiet and add cutouts to the sound and power gain.

and yes we have those nitto tyres I know a guy that sells them I'm guessing they won't spin?
There are too many variables to say if they would spin or not, but they should not spin from a roll at least.
I'm no tuner... but I heard oil pumps give you a little more RPM depending on how much flow It can give.. so my question here is.. if I go with a bigger oil pump than needed.. would it be safe to run and make it even more reliable with no oil issues? Or it doesn't work that way?
Don't know about getting more RPM, never heard that but an aftermarket pump won't hurt the engine.

and about the radiator.. just to give you an example.. these cars are known to over heat STOCK.. so I will have to change the radiator and thermostat (give me suggestions of the best/bigger radiator, and a good reliable thermostat..
Well that sucks. For a thermostat you can get a 160* one and for a radiator that is going to be car specific for fitment so you are going to need to look specifically for whatever car you buy. You're just going to have to search for companies that make parts for your car specifically, find out if anything is interchangeable between the Holden V8 cars.

how do do I tell if I have the ls6 intake?
Im not sure how it worked outside of the country but here all LS1s came with LS6 intakes starting in 2001. Otherwise check this out:v
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...d.php?t=165780
This may not apply to out side of the country as the hole port at the top of the LS1 intake is for emissions.

Whats a stall converter? (Obviously never worked with 1 before)
A torque converter that "slips" up to a desired RPM. Allows you to launch WAY harder. Google it.

ive read about the clutch 3-4 pack.. but I still haven't quite understood what the 3-4 stands for.. is it the 3rd and 4th gear? Or it stands for something else?
Im not that well versed in automatics but I don't think it has to do with 3rd or 4th gear. This is something you will have to search the automatic section of the forum for.
How much will the cylinder heads cost me?
Depends on the heads and depends on what the rates are in your country. Maybe $1000-$2000?

Plus.. is it true that head porting helps with heat?
Ive never heard this.

Im sorry for taking a lot of your time.. but that's just me.. when I learn about something I get as nosy as I can be.
No problem
Old 05-02-2018, 11:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JoeNova
IGN-1A coils are leaps and bounds above MSD coils, which aren't any better than OEM.

Thanks! Great to know.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pantera EFI
Hi Ali, I too suggest long tube exhaust system with BIG Mufflers ALL 3" S/S (both sides) to the tail.

I can E-mail you my Tuning Manual, a good read.
SURE, the HP tuners option is a great way to adjust the OEM PCM.

These TWO items will give a great HP/Torque increase.

I invented (team member) the MODERN ECU with DIS (Twin post coils) AND a 60-2 Reluctor on the crankshaft ( GM-58x) in 1986.
THUS I have 32 Years of manufacturing/selling/calibrating Engine Control Units.
ALL here at LS-1 tech report a better engine "feel", when measured a HP increase, when they fit one of my coil upgrades
The best is the IGN-1A, the one that Shane T (Motec) fits on the many cars he tunes in Dubai.

I would do the external (simple items) changes first, drive the car, then if more HP/Torque was wanted change the Heads/Camshaft/90mm Z-06 intake.

Your question about the Intake : What diameter is the Throttle Body Bore ? (post a pic?)

I sell Camshaft/Springs/Timing sets, most items are in stock with calibration guides for PCM tunes.

Lance, PanteraEFI.com

i just typed almost a thousand words for you and the reply did not post, anyways.

thank you for stopping by for a starter like me, sure and how much is the tuning manual? (Unless it's free then that'd be great)

about Shane Tecklenburg, I think he works for Ekanoo at pharris motorsports in Bahrain not UAE?
and he mentioned before he always uses CDI-8 twin firing ignition module.. I think he's over exaggerating cause no one here wants to tell what's done to his car ( in the gulf ) as if it was a secret or something..

IGN-A1 is actually pretty cheap so It's definitely on my list and since you're here grinding.. I will also look into your cam/valvesprings/ and timing setup..

What do you think are the best specs for this setup
lift / lobe separation / overlap, and if you sell it that'd be awesome.. and ofcourse valve springs.

And I did post a pic but it's just of the engine I don't think it's any good lol, and it deleted my last comment I made so in the next comment hopefully, I can't measure exactly how many mm's cause this car is owned by a relative and he lives 700 km away from me so yeah,
Thanks!
Old 05-03-2018, 12:13 AM
Teching In

Old 05-03-2018, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Possibly. I don't know how much parts will cost in your country or if you will have to have things shipped overseas and what not. I can tell you that making 400rwhp should not be expensive or difficult with an LS1.

Engine-wise reliability should not be a problem at all. You may run into issues with the rest of the drivetrain being able to support the extra power, but 400rwp is not that much, especially since you said you will be doing mostly roll type of racing, that is very easy on the drivetrain.
While I don't completely know what is available in your market, you do have the Monaro there right? If so I would suggest going with that car if possible because it should be lighter and I would assume the aftermarket support is better. Also since you said you are more interested in roll racing I would look for a 6 speed manual car as they will be quicker from a roll.

We got a rebadged Monaro as the GTO:

We also later got a commedore.

Exhaust setup will make a massive difference in sound and volume. Here is a GTO for example with stock exhaust and a 228R cam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Jna-10eeI

With stock mufflers you can be pretty quiet and add cutouts to the sound and power gain.

There are too many variables to say if they would spin or not, but they should not spin from a roll at least.

Don't know about getting more RPM, never heard that but an aftermarket pump won't hurt the engine.

Well that sucks. For a thermostat you can get a 160* one and for a radiator that is going to be car specific for fitment so you are going to need to look specifically for whatever car you buy. You're just going to have to search for companies that make parts for your car specifically, find out if anything is interchangeable between the Holden V8 cars.

Im not sure how it worked outside of the country but here all LS1s came with LS6 intakes starting in 2001. Otherwise check this out:v
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...d.php?t=165780
This may not apply to out side of the country as the hole port at the top of the LS1 intake is for emissions.

A torque converter that "slips" up to a desired RPM. Allows you to launch WAY harder. Google it.

Im not that well versed in automatics but I don't think it has to do with 3rd or 4th gear. This is something you will have to search the automatic section of the forum for.

Depends on the heads and depends on what the rates are in your country. Maybe $1000-$2000?

Ive never heard this.

No problem

yeah ah I was actually thinking about the GTO, and we do have it here but searching for a manual is gunna be a pain in the butt, but I don't know about parts availability for this car.. as in suspension diff's / axles / and electronic stuff like window rollers and so on... but the drivetrain is pretty much 100% available for it.. and the funny thing is they don't like the LS1 cars here and they are always under 3k$ (which is great for me) but yeah you're right it is lighter..

and here.. a remax oil pump for a tb48 (Nissan patrol) gives it 600 rpm more.. but I don't know about small blocks.. and the same thing goes for head porting... it helps with heat on the tb48 and 1fzfe (land cruiser I6 4.5) like I saidd.. I don't know about the small block chevy's. (They are called small blocks right? LOL)

and do the cylinder heads go for 1-2$k a cylinder head? Or 1-2k for 2 cylinders.. cause if it was for 1 then I'll scratch it off my list..

the sound that GTO makes is heaven and perfect for me with an electronic valve opening and closing it'd be great, but stock mufflers with the cats? And what do you think about the mixture of high flow cats and stock mufflers with an x or y pipe?

Thanks for the help man!
Old 05-03-2018, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah ah I was actually thinking about the GTO, and we do have it here but searching for a manual is gunna be a pain in the butt, but I don't know about parts availability for this car.. as in suspension diff's / axles / and electronic stuff like window rollers and so on... but the drivetrain is pretty much 100% available for it.. and the funny thing is they don't like the LS1 cars here and they are always under 3k$ (which is great for me) but yeah you're right it is lighter..

No one wants the LS1 cars because the LS2/3 versions are available? That is what happened here with the GTO, once the LS2 was available the LS1 versions dropped in value a lot. C5 Corvettes and LS1 Fbodies are still holding their value well though.

and here.. a remax oil pump for a tb48 (Nissan patrol) gives it 600 rpm more.. but I don't know about small blocks.. and the same thing goes for head porting... it helps with heat on the tb48 and 1fzfe (land cruiser I6 4.5) like I saidd.. I don't know about the small block chevy's. (They are called small blocks right? LOL)
Never heard that before. And yes they are technically small blocks, gen 3 small blocks.

and do the cylinder heads go for 1-2$k a cylinder head? Or 1-2k for 2 cylinders.. cause if it was for 1 then I'll scratch it off my list..
That is for both heads. Like I said you will have to shop around your market as it could be very different from the American market.

the sound that GTO makes is heaven and perfect for me with an electronic valve opening and closing it'd be great, but stock mufflers with the cats? And what do you think about the mixture of high flow cats and stock mufflers with an x or y pipe?
Yes you can run LT headers, high flow cats (or not) and stock mufflers or quiet mufflers with cutouts. I don't think any of the cars you are looking at would have a Y-pipe, they should all be true duel exhaust. I would personally run an X-pipe.

Thanks for the help man!
No problem, good luck.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:19 AM
FormerVendor

Default Tech Support = Free + EAP Model = Free

Hi Ali, the manuals/tunings guides are free, send me a direct E-mail (panteraefi@lance.occoxmail.com)

Your "best wish" for an engine HP/Torque report is an easy read with my method, I use Engine Analyzer Professional from Performance Trends.

Your Engine Specifications NEED to be known for the computer generated model.

I have MANY LS engines to use for the "base" model AND this is a FREE service.
Typical error is under 5% for a Torque/HP estimate.
Other items such as Piston Speed/Piston to Valve/Valve Float/RL/CR ARE 100% correct.

Lance