New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES light throwing codes P0300

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 03:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES light throwing codes P0300

Hey guys. New to the forum here. Im sure this topic has been discussed a thousand times but im looking for something a little updated. Just bought a 2000 T/A last week. While driving on the highway I got on it a bit and my SES light started flashing wich i belive is a sign of misfire. So i take it to autozone run the codes and it gave me P0300 (random misfire) and another one i think P0126? But not positive. Came up as emission/ o2. So i repleced my down stream o2 which was the one the codes said had issues. Noticed it run a little smoother and after driving a while light went off. Well today i was on the freeway, got on it a bit and now i got the SES light back. Ive read on forums saying it could be the EGR but ive also read it can be a bad coil pack or crankshaft sensor, loose manifold bolts, vacuum leak, o2 (already replaced) I just got some ngk plugs to throw in which was already planned from buying a used car but it doesnt quite feel like bad plugs and im sure the codes would have been able to narrow down the cylinder if it were. Also just had a new cat installed earlier this year. She seems to be running ok. Ive got on it pretty good at lower speeds shooting the rpms up and still have plenty of power, no issues and the light never came on Apparently just when i get on it with higher speeds. So rather then 10 different things it 'could be' has anyone had the same issue and if so what was your symptoms/fix?
Old 05-19-2018, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also i did clean up the maf very carefully and everything seems to be in good shape on that end. Thanks guys