Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DBW throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DBW throttle body

Hello , I have a LQ9 out of a 04 Cadillac Escalade , I put a LS6 intake and injectors on it , also a corvette water pump , My problem , the intake seems to set to low for
my original DBW throttle body to fit , the bottom of the TB is hitting the top of the water pump , what has been the normal solution to correct this ? , I started grinding the
bottom of the TB where the coolant tube goes through , ( I think it is a coolant tube ) but hate to grind thru . Do you grind this until it fits , or is there another compatible
TB I could use ?
Any and all advise will be greatly appreciated .
Old 08-23-2018, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I ran into this when I did my own intake and throttle body swap. I ended up grinding some of the throttle body at the bottom and some of the water pump at the top just kind of got a test fit as you go until you get the clearance you need.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:09 PM
Teching In

jaxcam02 , Thanks , I figured that was probably my only option and still keep my dbw , Just seems like I have done a lot of grinding and it still needs more
Vern
Old 08-24-2018, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I ground away at my throttle body with a file for hours test fitting. Switched to a Dremel at one point to. Didn't have a grinding wheel so I put way more effort into it that I needed to.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:26 PM
Teching In

I got it to fit today , got impatient as I always do , took my die grinder with a carbide mill cutter to it , it fits pretty good , I can just slip a piece of paper between the TB and water pump , mission accomplished , thanks for your input .

Vern