Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Oil Pressure HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Oil Pressure HELP

Hey guys so I have a 1998 Z28 Camaro and I’ve noticed these past few days that my oil pressure has been reading lower than usual.
Just some background the only things done to my car would include an LS6 intake manifold swap, LS6 PCV conversion, full exhaust, a SLP CAI, and a frost tune.
Anyways usually my oil pressure would read around 40 psi just regular driving and now it’s reading a little more than 20. It’s had the LS6 PCV conversion for a few months now and it’s only been doing this for this past few days. I’ve changed the oil in it and it fixed the problem for a day or two but went back to reading the lower numbers.
Is this something I should be concerned about because this car is my only means of transportation right now and I can’t afford for anything to happen to it?
Old 10-27-2018, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Oil Pressure HELP

Hey guys so I have a 1998 Z28 Camaro and I’ve noticed these past few days that my oil pressure has been reading lower than usual.
Just some background the only things done to my car would include an LS6 intake manifold swap, LS6 PCV conversion, full exhaust, a SLP CAI, and a frost tune.
Anyways usually my oil pressure would read around 40 psi just regular driving and now it’s reading a little more than 20. It’s had the LS6 PCV conversion for a few months now and it’s only been doing this for this past few days. I’ve changed the oil in it and it fixed the problem for a day or two but went back to reading the lower numbers.
Is this something I should be concerned about because this car is my only means of transportation right now and I can’t afford for anything to happen to it?
Old 10-28-2018, 12:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts

1) put a manual guage on it
2) change the oil pressure sending unit.
3) neither of the above works.....you have excessive clearance on your cam bearings or something is wrong with the oil pump.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 183 Likes on 145 Posts

+1 on the manual gauge idea. Autometer sells a good one.

Rick