Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 Top End On LS2

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 Top End On LS2

Hello all. I have a few questions regarding this matter. I have done a fair amount of research already, but have questions that I haven’t seen covered. Hopefully I get some good insight, and it will help others along the way.
  • What amount of lift makes the piston to valve clearance an issue for LS3 heads? I purchased a Torquer V4 camshaft for my LS2
  • Is the amount of drop in the CR vital to performance? I plan to play around with a turbo setup within the next year, so wasn’t terribly worried about the drop in the CR, but until that time, don’t want to short change myself of performance if it’s a fair amount.
  • Stock head gasket thickness is .053 from my understanding. If I keep the LS3 heads unmilled, and go with a stock gasket set, will my pushrod ratio remain the same? Speaking from a “LS cylinder heads are all the same dimensions” standpoint, so I’m assuming the swap in heads alone wouldn’t change the pushrod length.
  • Will the LS3 rocker arms suffice, or will there need to be another set/ratio purchased for the combination?

The link below is one of the many useful threads I’d found for reference.

https://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showth.../520386?page=2
Old 12-01-2018, 07:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I did just that with my current build. It's not just lift that affects PTV clearance its also the duration of the cam.

Here's a link to my build in the Forced Induction section: https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...read-pics.html
Old 05-20-2020, 11:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a few questions maybe somebody could help, i have an ls2 getting some refreshed 821 heads and ls3 manifold running a TH400, my question is what is a good cam to run for my setup as I’m going turbo in 3-4 months after i swap this setup in my 98 z28
if you are running this setup or similar or if you know of someone running similar setup can you point me in the right direction

any tips or advice will be gladly appreciate it

thanks in advance

Quick Reply: LS3 Top End On LS2