New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I jus purchased a 2004 gto with 140000 on it

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I jus purchased a 2004 gto with 140000 on it

Its cammed n tuned I jus developed a lifter issue in new to all this and I'm bout to do a lifter swap on it this weekend.. She's fukn quick.... I'm jus wondering what kind of life should i get out of her... The guy I bought it from keeped all the paper work for the cam the tune plus the stall converter n shift kit along with the brand new x pipe exhaust tha he put on it....
Old 02-19-2019, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke Brown Sr.
Its cammed n tuned I jus developed a lifter issue in new to all this and I'm bout to do a lifter swap on it this weekend.. She's fukn quick.... I'm jus wondering what kind of life should i get out of her... The guy I bought it from keeped all the paper work for the cam the tune plus the stall converter n shift kit along with the brand new x pipe exhaust tha he put on it....
congrats. but welcome to the world of ls motors, and their valve trains. food for thought; something could have caused your lifter to fail prematurely. simply replacing lifters could just be treating the symptom and not addressing the root problem. you could have an oil pressure issue and/or bearing issue. just be prepared, your lifter swap may turn into major surgery. but you're in the right place and the search function/stickies are your friend!
Old 02-20-2019, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Might need a new cam too.. check the roller for brinelling.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
congrats. but welcome to the world of ls motors, and their valve trains. food for thought; something could have caused your lifter to fail prematurely. simply replacing lifters could just be treating the symptom and not addressing the root problem. you could have an oil pressure issue and/or bearing issue. just be prepared, your lifter swap may turn into major surgery. but you're in the right place and the search function/stickies are your friend!
I know he replaced push rods n springs spring seats valve seals retainers .... But I'm pretty sure he didn't change the lifters.... Like u said I may find more wrong.... Hope not!!!
Old 02-20-2019, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by cookseyb
Might need a new cam too.. check the roller for brinelling.
thk u man I got a mechanic buddy unna help me do this so I'm sure he knows what to look for.... I think they were stock lifters.... Not sure but I have receipts for the push rods retainer rings halve springs and valve seats....