Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having issues with car almost stalling when going into gear

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 08:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having issues with car almost stalling when going into gear

I have a 1999 camaro with a mild build ls1 with a decent size cam, and all the goodies t56 with monster stage 3 clutch. Anyways car idles and drives fine for the most part besides when going into first it basically wants to stall out air fuel ratio errors out. I can power through it kinda throws you around in the car but after a couple seconds itll start picking up speed and it drives just fine after that. Going in to reverse seems good as well. This car has been tuned when I lived in Texas I then moved to Minnesota currently got a car accident 3 years ago. Found a new donor car and swapped everything over to that one in the process I upgraded to a stage 3 clutch and tick master cyc, other then that its the same setup as before. Which it did drive decent prior to the car accident. I have less then 100 miles in the last 2 years. kinda lost interest in the car it mostly just sits. Im hoping to get back into liking these cars again if i can get it running good again. I have hp tuners for it. I replaced both o2 sensors. Was thinking today maybe IAC needs to be clean or maf.... It probobly just needs a tune update but would like to rule out anything before I shop will fix something easy and charge me for it while its getting tuned been there before with a surprise bill waiting lol.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. If you need anymore info on the build let me know.

Thank you,
Old 06-10-2019, 08:56 AM
Teching In

This weekend I took off the IAC sensor and cleaned it, was very dirty figured maybe that would have been it, but still same thing.. Even reving up to try and do a burnout just instantly almost dies and have to fether the gas to get it to come back to idle/ get up to speed. May just have to bring it to a tuner and have some it looked at again. I started doing some data logging myself on hp tuners but im just not as familiar as i used to be with it unfortunately.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:13 PM
Teching In

I cleaned the throttle body after work. Then went and drove around the block again and tried driving to a stop and letting it drop to an idle a couple times. Still wants to die out when I shift into 1st. It also seems to want to hesitate when I first get on the throttle then regains and acts just fine in any gear. Revs up fine in neutral. Been looking at my data log on hp tuner now see what I can see. Maybe loosing vacuum pressure? I have my back of the valve covers capped and the front passenger goes into the throttle with a breather cap.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
data log.hpl (665.3 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by gwizz15; 06-11-2019 at 07:19 PM. Reason: added data log
Old 08-16-2019, 05:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like you need to get it retuned. Whoever did it before didn't do a good job.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Good luck

Quick Reply: Having issues with car almost stalling when going into gear