New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help!!!!! PCV tube replacement 02 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2024, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry help!!!!! PCV tube replacement 02 Z28

All right--anyone replace the PCV tubing section on their camaro??
Is there room to remove the drivers side valve cover "fitting" without removing the AIR diverter valve?
My fingers tell me NO- and having great difficulty getting at the rear mount for the diverter valve
Dont want to get it stuck 1/2 out!

(PS went to the local library for gm tech notes-no help-did see on an estimator-said labor for this job is .4 hrs!)
it takes that long to see it lol
any help greatly appreciated
Old 08-14-2024, 04:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 322 Likes on 244 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

You have the PCV Valve in the Valve cover or is it in the Hose that runs around back of the Intake? I've seen both setups, been a while since I've been under the hood of a 4th Gen Fbody I try to avoid that hell..
Old 08-14-2024, 06:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,948 Likes on 1,400 Posts

It's this PCV line right here that branches off to the rear port of the passenger side valve cover. You can always use a 3/8" T for that connection if the factory one breaks and connect the hard plastic lines with short peices of 3/8" rubber hose if you had to go that route.
Old 08-15-2024, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by the_merv
You have the PCV Valve in the Valve cover or is it in the Hose that runs around back of the Intake? I've seen both setups, been a while since I've been under the hood of a 4th Gen Fbody I try to avoid that hell..
Hell is right!!-Yeah its the hose that runs behind the Intake-the drivers side tube has a fitting that "looks" like a pcv valve but is just an angled fitting that goes into the valve cover grommet-thats the one Im wondering about-its under the AIR valve. I Have the replacement tube-aftermarket-but the AIR valve mounting is typical gm engineering.
P.S. Love the Monte!!

Last edited by billsbest; 08-15-2024 at 08:43 AM. Reason: addition
Old 08-15-2024, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 322 Likes on 244 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Been a whice since I've seen the AIR in one but I know what you mean. Might have to come off.

Thanks, built that SS a long time ago, ironically after my 1998 SS Clone wrecked because I wanted to get out of a 4th Gen Fbody and have Engine Bay room.

Build thread in the signature with detailed pics. Yea that car will spoil you with having room..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...t56-build.html

Quick Reply: help!!!!! PCV tube replacement 02 Z28