New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love my new discovery on DIY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 03:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I love my new discovery on DIY!!!

I may have all rice tuner stories beat. Does anyone else have the DIY channel on demand? It's on digital cable (Time Warner here). YOU MUST WATCH IT THIS WEEK!!! Whatever the auto tech show they have, I can't remember the name; I do remember that they mod up a new Matrix. They put $1400+ into it, the results were so great that I made my wife watch it when she got back from work at 11 PM. I was eating dinner and decided to watch the show to see what it was all about, I didn't know it was an import based show. The host look like a goatee'd monk/friar, he explains the process well but just looks like a tool himself. They also like doing fast MTV-ish zooms on the people when they shake hands...odd. Regardless, one of the components was a piggyback PCM controller...$800!!!! But, as he points out it can expand with your car and you can dial it in to even work with NAUS (yo!) Now after all was said and done they dyno'd again. Baseline was 105 hp and 108 tq; after the mods...oh hell, I won't ruin it, just PM me if you want the results and you don't have the channel. As I said before though, I was eating dinner. Can anyone imagine how painful it is to pass a steak sandwich through your NOSE from laughter? What was even funnier is that my wife guessed the results EXACTLY TO THE HP AND TQ! Some of the guys lines are just SO funny, I couldn't be paid enough. They also featured this product as well: http://www.designengineering.com/pro...asp?m=sc&cid=1 This product was used on a Honda and made 9% more power for the stock 107 hp engine, that's roughly 10 hp, WOW! Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. It was episode 102, episode 101 they put front and REAR strut tower braces in a Civic hatchback for SCCA racing, as well as a coil over kit. I can't believe this service is FREE!! I will never have to pay to see a comedy again.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

WOW sixty-six people read the thread but no one wanted to know results or they all had DIY on demand...
Old 09-02-2004, 10:19 AM
STF Veteran

It's NAAWWWWZZZZZZ. Not Naus.

I think I need a rear strut tower brace, myself.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:21 AM
TECH Resident

Damn sorry yo, shiet kid I'z juss playin' ya kno! Ain't wantin' no drama up in this piece!

Peace out, much love...

Old 09-02-2004, 10:37 AM
TECH Addict

Power is cool! That logo just struck me as funny.
I want to know what the matrix made. My company's company car is a Vibe, basically the same as a Matrix, I'd like to know how well that **** box would do with some mods.