Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lessening piston slap?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default lessening piston slap?

ok, did a search, didnt find an answer. is there anyway to lessen piston slap? my car doesnt have it real bad, but my buddys 01 WS6 slaps harder than a transvestite prostitute!

and i know this has been asked to death, but can piston slap create any major problems, maybe after heavy modding? cmon, give me a reason to start saving for a stroker!
Old 09-30-2004, 11:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The slap makes for poor oil control, as the rings
get fluttered back & forth. Then too much oil
uptake will put that goo all over your intake and
the coking can make for some increased ping/KR.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only way to get rid of it is a complete engine rebuilt, and being on a first name basis with your local machine shop. ( that you can trust that is)
Old 09-30-2004, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zamboxl
the only way to get rid of it is a complete engine rebuilt, and being on a first name basis with your local machine shop. ( that you can trust that is)

that sux. its not bothering me, but you should hear the WS6! he just had his headers installed with a cutout. and with it open you can hear the slap plain as day over his exhaust. you can barely hear mine.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
that sux. its not bothering me, but you should hear the WS6! he just had his headers installed with a cutout. and with it open you can hear the slap plain as day over his exhaust. you can barely hear mine.
yea i had the same prob so i rebuild my engine, only thing is i was in a hurry putting it back together, cause my alternate car broke down ( damn 1980's gm fuel injected alum engines.) anyways lets just say i forgot to honed the piston sleeves and like three months after i put the engine back in iam already starting to get some pinging damnit i felt like kicking my self in the *** so hard, that i would have my foot sticking out my mouth. so go ahead guys feel free to kick my *** for me.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

when you get rushed bad things happen.

hows the weather?
Old 09-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Launching!

I was gonna say put a cut out on it so you wouldn't beable to hear it but if you already did that and you can still hear it that sucks. Good luck trying to fix it.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

when you get rushed bad things happen.

hows the weather?
is ok a bunch of trees and houses blown away but that was all a littel bit north of me.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Devilss02
I was gonna say put a cut out on it so you wouldn't beable to hear it but if you already did that and you can still hear it that sucks. Good luck trying to fix it.

its not my car thats bad, posting this thread was a mercy mission for my buddy's WS6. i guess he is gonna have to live with it.

oh, and good to hear its not too bad where you are at. hopefully some mustangs got blown away!

and your about to be "through the traps"!
Old 09-30-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

its not my car thats bad, posting this thread was a mercy mission for my buddy's WS6. i guess he is gonna have to live with it.

oh, and good to hear its not too bad where you are at. hopefully some mustangs got blown away!

and your about to be "through the traps"!
lol yea blow those mustangs away canes. lol i wans't to worry about my car i parked it in this big *** parking garage, i figure that if that place got blown away then i had bigger things to worry about, like living through the night, lol
Old 09-30-2004, 01:46 PM
11 Second Club

ok, did a search, didnt find an answer. is there anyway to lessen piston slap? my car doesnt have it real bad, but my buddys 01 WS6 slaps harder than a transvestite prostitute!

and i know this has been asked to death, but can piston slap create any major problems, maybe after heavy modding? cmon, give me a reason to start saving for a stroker!
reason for a stroker, more power
Old 09-30-2004, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LiqudFire350
reason for a stroker, more power

ok, you convinced me! i wil save FOR A FEW YEARS and see where i am.

and yeah, zamboxl, i think you would have had bigger problems than your car. i wonder if people are getting tired of those 'canes jokes on the miami campus yet. or was the irony lost on anyone when they were screaming "go 'canes" at the miami/FSU game? either way, those are my two favorite teams, and im sorry FSU had to lose so early in the season.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok, you convinced me! i wil save FOR A FEW YEARS and see where i am.

and yeah, zamboxl, i think you would have had bigger problems than your car. i wonder if people are getting tired of those 'canes jokes on the miami campus yet. or was the irony lost on anyone when they were screaming "go 'canes" at the miami/FSU game? either way, those are my two favorite teams, and im sorry FSU had to lose so early in the season.
you from south fl??
edit: yea i be sorry to but iam not a sports fan, iam however a car nut, well atleast a big car fan.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zamboxl
you from south fl??
edit: yea i be sorry to but iam not a sports fan, iam however a car nut, well atleast a big car fan.
not from Fla, originally from the southeast though. spent alot of time in panama city in my younger days. ha, i cant believe i just said that, im only 21! and i havent been much of a sports fan lately, just not as into it as i used to be. and im a big freakin car nut too!