New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice today. Please help

Old 09-30-2004, 07:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need advice today. Please help

There is a dealer in the are with a 98 formula for sale. It is advertised at 6995.00. It has 128,000 miles on it. It has a built Jasper Tranny, 4.10rear, short headers, HPP3, and supposedly is running 12.4 in the 1/4. I think he may have had some head work done also. I have an 02 Trans Am right now with 4000 miles on it. It has never seen rain and looks better than the day it came off the showroom floor. My idea was to pick this 98 up to race only. That way I can keep my 02 for just Sunday cruisin and not beat on it at the track.
So my question is, what do you think about an LS1 with that many miles on it? Will it still be strong for awhile? If it runs 12.4 the only thing I would prefer to do to it would be to put it on the juice. Do you think it will hold up?
Please let me know; 1., is that a good price(I thought it was a great price),
and 2., with that many miles do you think it will last awhile?
Also, if you can think of anything I should look for when checking the car out please let me know.
Thanks in advance
Old 09-30-2004, 07:33 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like a good idea if you want to make a race-only car. I found a complete stripper Z with 70K miles for 11K. It's an 02 with NO options (hardtop, cloth, pw/pl, etc). I just don't have the money.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, if you're looking for a race car only, pick up the cheapest POS you can find, then do everything you want to it. That '98 sounds like a decent head start for you though. Always grind on price though.

Search this Thread