Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stored!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stored!

So went home this past weekend to visit the parents from College and in doing so I have put up my Z for the winter and broke out the beater!! A 1986 Honda Accord w/o VTEC YO~! Man O man did i take that V8 for granted The thing has no radio what so ever, and could do circles by just letting go of the wheel! But in some strange way i really don't mind driving it b/c i know that my Monster is getting a well deserved break while i save up for some repairs and mods! Oh and since the Honda is my primary car now. My insurance went from $210 per month to $90 per month??? while keeping both cars on the policy its GREAT!
On another note just wondering if i decide to sell my car how much do you guys think i could get? 2001 black Leather, fully loaded, new tires, with 110,000 miles on her but she Still runs PERFECT! i've maintained it extremely well! THX! Dont' forget to check out the pic in my profile...
Old 11-02-2004, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Geez, I'm in No Va as well and it was 76 degrees today. I couldn't image parking my car for the winter on a day like this , and I took the t-tops off on Sunday.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

ya i hear ya, unfortunately i had to b/c i need to change the brakes really really bad so i'll just do it during the winter...
Old 11-03-2004, 01:37 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

me and my mom have a 92 saturn sc2 that we bought from my aunt and uncle as a spare car. had a brand new clutch put in it a year ago and we've put maby 20 miles on it since then. its been sitting for at least 8 months without the doors even being opened.

i decided to get it runnin and put new tires on it last weekend so i went out and started workin on it. left the jumper cables on for about 20 minutes or so and it would BARRRRRRRRLEY rotate the motor at all. i pulled all the spark plugs out so it could spin over freely. i spun it over a bunch of times and put new plugs in it. fired up and ran like a champ!

there were vines growing up thru the engine compartment!! i pulled out as many as i could but i couldnt get 'em all. threw her in rewind and let go on the clutch, i could hear it trying to grab for a second then it finally hooked. i could hear all the vines ripping out from under it.

i might have to drive it for a while when i pull my tranny to see what my problem is.