Sponsored by:

New guy from Sweden

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 06:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from Sweden

Hey

My name is Daniel, 23 yrs from Sweden and i´m an proud owner of an Camaro Z28 -99 Hugger Orange. I bought this car in February this year and i love it more for each day that goes buy

I´m thinking about gaining about 30-50hp in the car and if i would have lived in the States that would have been both cheap and simple. But over here it´s not that cheap at all You can about double the prices for the parts over here and that doesn´t feel very great. Sure, i can buy the parts directly from the States @ like summitracing.com or some other site. And sure i could have lived with the shipment prices it would still be a fair deal, but oh no ! Swedish custom + taxes wants about 30% of the total price incl shipment as well. And all this adds up to high pricing :/

So i aint got a lot of cash to spend this year and therefore im asking on what it seems to me to be the best forum on the internet to ask about my car.

The car is in stock mode right now except for Eibach lower springs and an Catback system.

I was thinking about buying headers/y-pipe, slp coldflowpac / slp maf and maybe something else all depending on the total cost. The question is which brand should i choose ? I also want to buy subframe connectors and strut tower brace to make the car a bit more stable on the road

I´m going over to the States in the winter and by that time i´ll have cash to spend on some serious performance parts and some big bling bling chrome wheels

Happy for answers !

Peace !

//Daniel
Old 04-27-2005, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Välkommen! Slp works great....
Old 04-27-2005, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome to the site,do a search for "free mods".You can can get more air flowing for next to nothing.With your stock airlid you can dremel off the fins and sand the underside of the it,go to www.installuniversity.com and look up free ram air.That is another easy to do freebie to bring in more fresh air.A hardware store should have a rubber 3X3 coupling to replace your bellows,in the states it is a $5.00 part.Look into tb bump stop and bypass while at installuniversity.Just some quick cheap and easy starters.Good luck