Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just my car??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default just my car??

hey i wanted to know if any others were kind of having this feeling or if it was just my car. i have a 98' A4 Trans Am and sometimes around town especially in second gear the car feels sort of sluggish, until i reach the upper rpm band of second anyway. it seems like while just crusing around town the car seems kind of tame, but when im going like 50+mph and punch it, it pulls pretty hard, is that just the characteristics of the LS-1, i just recently traded my LT-1 camaro, for it, and i know that the LT-1 makes all of it's power really low in the rpm band and ls1's make their power higher in the rpm range. also, it seems like i have to floor it before the motor really "wakes up". is this just common, the drivability of the car seems perfectly fine, that's why i just think that's just how LS-1's are. thanks.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Addict

also, sometimes when i will race a car to like 40mph or so, i wont pull like i would like to, but when on the highway, i pull alot harder on the other car. what are some of your guys feelings and stories about it.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
also, sometimes when i will race a car to like 40mph or so, i wont pull like i would like to, but when on the highway, i pull alot harder on the other car. what are some of your guys feelings and stories about it.
You need a stall!
Old 06-15-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, if you are low enough in the rpm band in second it can be slightly sluggish. but then again you may have 2.73's in the rear and that wont help either... I dont think you have to floor it to wake it up, but you do have to get into the gas quite a bit. There are a few certain speed ranges that really are great for flooring it because of the drop down.

These speeds may be a little higher for you if you have 2.73 in the rear. (check the door codes, gu2 = 2.73's and gu5 = 3.23's

15-25 (this is the most extreme drop you can do, its like being shot out of a canon.)
50-65 (drops to second and takes off real well)

these are the most pronounced areas for drop down acceleration on a4's. a stall will help this dramatically as well! I cant wait to get one!

Nathan
Old 06-15-2005, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

yea, i agree with the drop downs you are talking about, ive already checked the door codes i have 3.23's, i was just worried that my ls1 is crap and it is just not making the power that it should, the car only has 60k on it, which i dont think is too much for these cars.