Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default need some help?

long story short, engine under warranty going out, oil pump is probable cause, found shavings in pan (copper and alumn) the copper being from the bearings and i dont know where the alumn could be from...to many places, warranty company wants to just replace the bearings unless one has spun or theres crankshaft damage...i wanna know what some of yall think?, im wanting a new engine, and not some halfass fixed one, even if gm is fixing it. also the guy wants to SEE how the oil pump failed...as far as i know the only thing that will show up is a broke spring or a bad o ring...anything else? thanks
Old 05-11-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

..ttt
Old 05-12-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you lost the oil pump = locking up the moter things should be really F ed up. I agree you should get a new engine. I would fight them on tring to fix something that is trashed.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

well update....i called the warranty people, and kinda got loud, argued with my claim rep. for an hour and he tried to convince me that these engines could take a beating and just "parts" could be replaced...well i kindly told him that ive worked on cars for a long time and i know when someone is pissin on my neck and tryn to tell me its raining....he responded that hes been a tech for 11 years...ooo really what did u work on? i asked....honda motors.... WTF ?!?! and this bastard is trying to give me advice on my ls1? hell no, well my mechanic found a spun bearing, on the #4 rod i think he said, and now I GET A NEW MOTOR....plus all the parts from the old one.....it feels good getting 6k out of a 3k warranty
Old 05-13-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by staringback05
and now I GET A NEW MOTOR....plus all the parts from the old one.....it feels good getting 6k out of a 3k warranty
Have fun with the new engine.