New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what's needed to drive car without plates to dock?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 09:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help ASAP

here's the thing i have a car bought and i need to get to the docks wich is about 15 minutes drive away but the car isnt on numbers. can i buy a temporary licance plate from some company or something. also im not fammiliar with the laws.. is it legal if i attach a rope beetween my car and my friends Volvo and have my friend pull my car to the docks?
Old 05-16-2006, 09:48 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Is this in Iceland, or in the States?

Just carry a copy of the sales receipt and drive it to the dock. Chances are you won't get pulled over, and if you do just explain that you are shipping the car.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Is this in Iceland, or in the States?

Just carry a copy of the sales receipt and drive it to the dock. Chances are you won't get pulled over, and if you do just explain that you are shipping the car.
This is in the states im importing to iceland. i bought a TA from tx and just need to get it to the docks. im just checking cus if my buddy drives the car to the docks he alredy needs to make his GF ride in the volvo to drive him home. so if its legal to pull the car they will do that. but if it is illegal then i dont want them to get in to trouble. if its not pissible to take the car this way i will be forced to call a towing service and that will be included in shipping taxes and tolls and thats total price of tow +45% toll + 24.5% tax so i end up paying 360$ for a 200$ tow if i have to do that
Old 05-16-2006, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

I say drive the motha1$#!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:08 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Just drive it, and have the paperwork handy that shows you just bought it. Most new purchases roll around for a month before getting an actual plate, they just get a temporary paper plate with the expiration date on it.

Have the Volvo follow behind the car, that way its not so obvious the plate is missing
Old 05-16-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

yah just drive it...i got pulled over after gettin my car...the damn bank took 6 MONTHS TO GET MY PAPER WORK! i just showed the cop my paper work and let me go right away
Old 05-16-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

no fines or anything?
Old 05-16-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Resident

no i just showed him the point of sale i had and the paper work..told him i was waiting for everything to process cause i couldnt get it registered or anything til the copy of the new title was mailed...