Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please HELP ! Power LOSS

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please HELP ! Power LOSS

Okay, here's wha thappened, please anyone, soon ! ! !?!?!!!?! I tok off air intake, up to throttle body. I have ported MAF, SLP Lid, and bought a smooth bellow. Put back together, kicked check engine, and ran awful missing cause lid wouldn't stay on for bellow being too big, so i put stock bellow back on and don't care to keep it if can fix car. Major power loss. It feels like i am draggin a three thousand pound trailer and check engine light still on after disconnecting battery for fifteen minutes. Any clue guys, please help> Also, if SES Light is on, wil it affect car power until i clear code, or does it not amtter if i fixed problem. I think i was sucking too much air where the lid wouldn't stay one, but back to stock now, and just does not have any power. PLEASE HELP< I"M STRANDED
Old 06-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you ported your MAF? BIG BIG BIG mistake. i'd be willing to bet the MAF is destroying your car. there is absolutely NO REASON to even TOUCH your MAF unless you're making over 500hp. i'll say it again. DO NOT EVER, EVER TOUCH YOUR MAF UNLESS YOU ARE MAKING OVER 500hp!
Old 06-23-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lready Wa Done Before I Touched, So Wrong Wrong Wrong Anser, Thanks For Trying Though, Puled Codes For O2 Sensors All Four Codes And Shows Maf As Having Low Input. Ran Better Than Perfect Before I Touched It Todya, So Can't Be That It's Ported.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
you ported your MAF? BIG BIG BIG mistake. i'd be willing to bet the MAF is destroying your car. there is absolutely NO REASON to even TOUCH your MAF unless you're making over 500hp. i'll say it again. DO NOT EVER, EVER TOUCH YOUR MAF UNLESS YOU ARE MAKING OVER 500hp!

Mines ported and i have no problems whatsoever. it ran better actually
Old 06-23-2006, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

i dunno if this will help, but whenever i clear codes, i turn the key on but dont start it, pop the hood, pull out the PCM BAT and PCM IGN fuses out of those little fuse boxes. then turn the key off, come back like 1 minute later, put the fuses back in, and then it should be cleared, (till something could possibly pop up again) then drive it for a lil while so it relearns idle and all that good stuff
Old 06-23-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The car ran without the MAF or AIT sensors hooked up for about ten seconds to move it two feet before this problem started, could that have affected it
Old 06-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i still say it has something to do with the MAF. touching the MAF is oh so often the kiss of death to a car. it's a piece that doesn't need to and shouldn't ever be touched unless you're making SERIOUS power beyond even a normal H/C setup. even if you changed one little tiny thing, that's all it takes to set off an altered MAF.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Could be the MAF, but that shouldn't throw all the o2sensor codes too???
Old 06-24-2006, 10:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay, pulled everytrhing back apart, pu tback together, still clueless. I started her and noticed that my SLP Lid was almost collapsing when i hit the throttle. So, sincei trimmed down where it clamps to the MAF housing, and made it shorter, i checked it, and sure enough, i had it too close to the MAF housing, and it wasn't allowing enogh air through, setting off the O2 codes, and wreaking havoc on my performance. These babies love AIR noone forget that. Simple solution to a horrifying problem, thanks all for your help. And oh yeah, never trim down your aftermarket or stock lid for that matter