New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incredible numbers claimed by a sponsor...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 04:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1DER
If his car was built with the ls6 heads, cam, and block and he only dyno'd 335 rwhp, I wouldn't be running around bragging. That sounds really low to have all that.
Lol, thats a good point! I have heard of LS6 heads on an LS1 F-body, but it may have been what Tony said, they may have been installed at the dealer. LS6 cam? Im comfortable saying absolutely not.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

seems IF this did happen, GM would still never make this choice for the reason of not wanting the Fbody capable of outperforming there flagship vehicle, the corvette.
AND if any C5 owner was able to catch wind of the fact that GM put there "corvette only" LS6 into a fbody would equal LOTS of pissed off corvette owners.

it just makes sense to me that IF more than just an LS6 block ever made its way on to a LS1 car it would have definitly been a vette or GTO in 04.....

i also say that if we could find proof of this in the later years then we would have something to talk about.

the LS1 ran from 97-04.
what are the odds that a few random 02 models, let alone fbody's got LS6 components.

seems very far-fetched.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I call BS as well.