Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

-warranty help-

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -Need some help-

Ok so I have this 2 year extended warranty on my car that pays for ANYTHING bumper to bumper for $100 per visit. Now I need some help on figuring out what all needs to be replaced on my car. Here are my problems.

-The car is lowered and everytime i hit a bump it "feels" like i bottom out HARD. its VERY hard to steer over bumps. are the shocks bottoming out?

-I have an 02 sensor light on.

-The front tires seem to angle a lil bit outwards on the bottom.

-Everytime i downsift and press on the gas, the LOUD jerk comes from the rear. Its also happens when i suddenly go WOT in most gears.

-Some of my gears grind. and are sometimes hard to put into gear.

-Also there is like this metal scraping noise when the car is idling. Not to loud, but you can hear it. Is this the throw out bearing?

thats all i can think of right now. there maybe more.

thanks for the help in advance

Last edited by my01ws6; 09-13-2006 at 03:58 AM.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

no one has any ideas? Im taking this to the dealer tomorrow to have as much stuff done as i can, I figure i might as well do everything in one trip.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

-no idea
-how do you know its your 02 sensor? im pretty sure mines going bad but the dealer said its tough to prove that thats what causes bad gas mileage and such
-the warranties usually dont cover alignments
-might just be your u-joints which is usually covered
-make sure your clutch is pushed in all the way to the floor when you shift and try to flush your fluid (dealer prolly wont cover)
-if its coming from your tranny, i think its normal cause mine has a little bit of noise when i let out the clutch only in first gear but its not that loud

id save your 100 bucks until something major goes wrong then have them fix a bunch of stuff. an 02 sensor is 70 bucks but you need to replace at least the front two so thats 140. if the SES light was a P0430 then its prolly your cat and not a sensor which is free if you have less than 80k miles or 8 years on your car...good luck
Old 09-13-2006, 09:31 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by my01ws6
Ok so I have this 2 year extended warranty on my car that pays for ANYTHING bumper to bumper for $100 per visit. Now I need some help on figuring out what all needs to be replaced on my car. Here are my problems.
Don't always assume that. I see so many customers that think that and that's not the case.

-The car is lowered and everytime i hit a bump it "feels" like i bottom out HARD. its VERY hard to steer over bumps. are the shocks bottoming out?
Good luck getting that covered. Ext warranty will fight to not gover that because of aftermarket parts, not a part that came with the car they can be bigger dicks than factory warranty. They are not warrantying something caused by someone elses product. Are the shocks stock? How old?

-I have an 02 sensor light on.
Sometimes they will or wont cover it. All depends

-The front tires seem to angle a lil bit outwards on the bottom.
Probably due to your lowering of the car. Being the car is past 12/12000 no alignment will be done warrantied(for most vehicles)

-Everytime i downsift and press on the gas, the LOUD jerk comes from the rear. Its also happens when i suddenly go WOT in most gears.

-Some of my gears grind. and are sometimes hard to put into gear.

-Also there is like this metal scraping noise when the car is idling. Not to loud, but you can hear it. Is this the throw out bearing?

thats all i can think of right now. there maybe more.

thanks for the help in advance
They might cover that all depending on what is found.

However keep in mind you will most likely have to pay a diagnostic up front. Reason why is the warranty company will want to know what part failed and why. You cant tell them anything without that. If the part is covered under warranty then they pay for the diagnostic and repairs minus deductable, etc. if it isnt covered then you pay the diagnostic so the tech doesnt get screwed on the deal and doesnt lose out(You dont work for free)

Again this all depends on the Ext service contract company you have.