Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shipping the Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Shipping the Trans Am

OK guys, not new here but figured this would be the best place to post this. I have to get my car shipped from PA to AZ in a few weeks. Have been looking and cant seem to find a good autoshipper. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas would be extremely helpfull and appreciated.
Brad
Old 09-16-2006, 06:13 PM
11 Second Club

I used carmoves.com to ship my 01 camaro from illinois to california. it was 900$, not too bad, and only took about 10 real days. I forgot to put a cover on the car--bad idea it took me liek 2 days to get all the bugs off
Old 09-16-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

mite better spend 2 day debugging than trying to buff out the scratches from the cover flapping in the wind///
Old 09-17-2006, 01:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used DAS to ship my SS a couple years back, no problems. Price was ~ 800, New Hamphire to west TX. But when I got a quote in May to ship my Z from southern Iowa to here (much shorter distance), it was ~ 1k. Boy prices went up. So I flew out and drove it back.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the replies guys. I wish I had the option of flying out there and drivingh it back, but I have been in training since before June and get out in mid October. Only have a week to move and go home and see everyone so dont wanna spend 2 days driving it down. I dont mind spending the money, but im sure you guys would worry just as much as me about someone not taking care of the car. Gonna go check out those companies you suggested and see what happens.
Brad